Next Car Rental

SamSpade

I just saw these guys on the web this past week and I am thinking of renting a car from them.
Has anyone had any experience with them?

SamSpade

Never heard of them. Are they local or a chain?

They're a chain - but they're not everywhere like Hertz or Avis.
The local one operates at the Fitz auto location near Gate 1.

They consistently get better prices for the same cars on Kayak, but I've never done business with them before.
Reviews online go from "great" to "they take forever to check out".

At this point already booked, but if they screw up, they screw my entire yearly vacation, so I am a little leery.

Can't see it screwing up the whole vacation. Worst case is you get another car at another rental. Yeah, you might pay a bit more, but it won't ruin a whole vacation. It's just a car rental.

SamSpade

Can't see it screwing up the whole vacation. Worst case is you get another car at another rental. Yeah, you might pay a bit more, but it won't ruin a whole vacation. It's just a car rental.

(shrug) - A lot of the vacation is a *very* tight budget and the timing of picking up and dropping people off on the path to our destination - who are also on their way somewhere else.
And the need for a large vehicle. I've found that at the last minute - you can't always rely on any place having one on hand.

We'd still have it - but it would cost considerably more and mess up other people's agendas.

PeoplesElbow

(shrug) - A lot of the vacation is a *very* tight budget and the timing of picking up and dropping people off on the path to our destination - who are also on their way somewhere else.
And the need for a large vehicle. I've found that at the last minute - you can't always rely on any place having one on hand.

We'd still have it - but it would cost considerably more and mess up other people's agendas.

I've had this problem with Hertz before.