Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvert woman kills man; gets 30 days in jail

Blog Entries

Calvert woman kills man; gets 30 days in jail

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/07...s-in-jail.html

I think people who text and drive should be put to death. It's not like this hasn't been hammered home over and over - adults should only have to be told once. It's not like they're toddlers where you have to keep on them. You shouldn't have to repeatedly remind adults.

This woman is getting sympathy and compassion she doesn't deserve. Sure, she gets to live with the knowledge that she killed someone...but at least she gets to live. "Oh, I would trade places with my victim if I could..." Well, honey, we can't bring him back but we can sure allow you to join him.

As you can probably tell, this stuff pisses me off. This woman got 30 days in jail, with work release, for killing someone. Are you kidding me??? If she had killed your son or husband or father, would you be happy with that sentence??

PEOPLE!!! HOW MANY ####ING TIMES DO YOU NEED TO BE TOLD?? DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!!!

Good grief.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Our courts don't really mean it when they sentence someone. The freak who ran her boyfriend off the road in Lusby just pled guilty to manslaughter. Just watch her walk away with a couple of months for what was a premeditated murder.

You should edit to say she was texting. TO me thats's the real issue here. She made a choice to text and drive, and this other person paid for her choice with her life. The punishment is BS. Unless we treat DWT the same as DWI, it will continue. Officers need to enforce on people holding a cell just like they would someone holding a bottle of Jack. In fact, the copied link is this one, I was going to make a thread about it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    You should edit to say she was texting. TO me thats's the real issue here. She made a choice to text and drive, and this other person paid for her choice with her life. The punishment is BS. Unless we treat DWT the same as DWI, it will continue. Officers need to enforce on people holding a cell just like they would someone holding a bottle of Jack. In fact, the copied link is this one, I was going to make a thread about it.
    You beat me to it. Why would the idiots in our society who are so intrinsically tied to their phones even consider stopping this bullsh*t when they know the consequences would be so marshmallows soft?
    I wonder what the courts would do to someone who went after one one of these f*cktards for killing their wife, husband or kid because they were more concerned about social media and texting than the fact they're operating a Goddamned 1000 lb automobile?
    And it's not on the police since they can only enforce laws that are in place. This is on our judicial system. Currently, the fine for talking/calling while driving is $40 the first time, do it again and you're out $100. DWT will vary, but cannot exceed $500.
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    You beat me to it. Why would the idiots in our society who are so intrinsically tied to their phones even consider stopping this bullsh*t when they know the consequences would be so marshmallows soft?
    I wonder what the courts would do to someone who went after one one of these f*cktards for killing their wife, husband or kid because they were more concerned about social media and texting than the fact they're operating a Goddamned 1000 lb automobile?
    And it's not on the police since they can only enforce laws that are in place. This is on our judicial system. Currently, the fine for talking/calling while driving is $40 the first time, do it again and you're out $100. DWT will vary, but cannot exceed $500.

But even that, they don't bother. You start nailing people for $500, they will start not doing it. Last word from our Sheriff, as I recall what that when they had funded overtime, they would be glad to enforce it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    But even that, they don't bother. You start nailing people for $500, they will start not doing it. Last word from our Sheriff, as I recall what that when they had funded overtime, they would be glad to enforce it.
    And THAT'S where I want my tax dollars going...our police need to be paid more, but also screened better. I sometimes have involvement with the police men and women through my job in the tri-county area and there's some that IMHO need a different career path. Preferably as far away from any living thing as possible, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    And THAT'S where I want my tax dollars going...our police need to be paid more, but also screened better. I sometimes have involvement with the police men and women through my job in the tri-county area and there's some that IMHO need a different career path. Preferably as far away from any living thing as possible, lol!
    Are you aware of what most LEO make after a few years?
    Most I know are well above 100 grand..
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Well, the officers on the street don't set enforcement policy, that comes from up top. It's not the trooper deciding not to go after texting or cell talking drivers.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Nooooo, honestly I didn't know, thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Not to mention $2,000,000 in retirement benefits after 20 years
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Members who have read this thread: 74