Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Hey, I have an idea!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    Most won't have $10 to their name, so might as well fine them $100,000.00
    They're certainly welcome to pay it off in community service at the minimum wage pace, and/or via turning over any welfare that would have been received (while still needing to meet the requirements of the welfare program as if they are receiving it - because they are, and paying off their debt with it).
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  2. #12
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,864
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What you're saying is the bartender should get the DUI, not the driver. You're saying Glock should get the murder charge, not the woman who pulled the trigger.



    Personal responsibility.
    Addicts are not capable of personal responsibility.
    Once h/she is hooked that goes out the window.

    Thanks fo telling me what I said. You are wrong but good try.

  3. #13
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,864
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    They're certainly welcome to pay it off in community service at the minimum wage pace, and/or via turning over any welfare that would have been received (while still needing to meet the requirements of the welfare program as if they are receiving it - because they are, and paying off their debt with it).
    I can see me now trying to get some work out o\f a drug addict,IF h/she bothered to show up.
    Biker mom is right, yours is simply humorous.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Addicts are not capable of personal responsibility.
    Once h/she is hooked that goes out the window.

    Thanks fo telling me what I said. You are wrong but good try.
    Blaming the seller gets no one anywhere. An addict IS capable of personal responsibility, they just don't know it yet. There is virtually always something wrong with them mentally - some kind of trauma in their life or other defect they must work to get over. No one picks up their first illegal drug when they are already high - it was a sober decision to do it. No one in their right mind does that, so they must not have been in their right mind - we can agree on that.

    But, it is not the seller's responsibility any more than it is the bartender's responsibility to see that you are sober enough to drive, or the seller of the Colt to see that you use their product wisely. Do not go after the seller - that's why we have the drug problems we have; we coddle the user and go after the supplier. It makes no sense and drives up the price of the product, making it more lucrative to sell and therefore more attractive to get into the business of selling.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I can see me now trying to get some work out o\f a drug addict,IF h/she bothered to show up.
    Biker mom is right, yours is simply humorous.
    You're right - we should charge Winchester with murders, and put the murderers in rehab.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What you're saying is the bartender should get the DUI, not the driver. You're saying Glock should get the murder charge, not the woman who pulled the trigger.



    Personal responsibility.
    Many States have SIP laws in place for decades, they are very underutilizing them.
    service of intoxicated persons (SIP)
    It the State and County LE would start charging bartenders when appropriate the local drunk bars most likely will clean themself's up.

    Many States also have Dram Shop Laws that are also hardly ever enforced.
    Last edited by black dog; 07-17-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  7. #17
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,818
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Many States have SIP laws in place for decades, they are very underutilizing them.
    service of intoxicated persons (SIP)
    It the State and County LE would start charging bartenders when appropriate the local drunk bars most likely will clean themself's up.
    that issue was settled in MD a long time ago....in favor of the servers. That was back around the time I owned a bar, hence why I recall it. The specific case....I'd have to do some searching to find it.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Many States have SIP laws in place for decades, they are very underutilizing them.
    service of intoxicated persons (SIP)
    It the State and County LE would start charging bartenders when appropriate the local drunk bars most likely will clean themself's up.

    Many States also have Dram Shop Laws that are also hardly ever enforced.
    That the laws exist does not mean they should.

    It is not the bartender's fault. It is not the gun seller's fault.



    Personal responsibility.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    That the laws exist does not mean they should.

    It is not the bartender's fault. It is not the gun seller's fault.



    Personal responsibility.
    So you believe that a bartender that over serves a patron and or serves a patron that is plainly over the line for alcohol consumption shouldn't also be held liable in some cases along with the drunk?

    And what about the gun store and the private citizen be that knowingly sell a firearm to a felon, drunk, addict , mentality ill person and something bad happens...
    They also bear no responsibility?
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    that issue was settled in MD a long time ago....in favor of the servers. That was back around the time I owned a bar, hence why I recall it. The specific case....I'd have to do some searching to find it.
    When my sister owned her place in Annapolis, I was shocked that MD didn't have any drama nor happy hour laws. I find it interesting that those laws have never passed in MD, makes me wonder who owns what...
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Members who have read this thread: 88

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |