Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I have an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    What you're saying is the bartender should get the DUI, not the driver. You're saying Glock should get the murder charge, not the woman who pulled the trigger.

Personal responsibility.
    You're right - we should charge Winchester with murders, and put the murderers in rehab.
    I don't know....

Is bartending illegal?

Is it illegal to manufacture Glocks?

Is it illegal to manufacture Winchesters?

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to manufacture and distribute ILLEGAL drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Bars seem to just be different from what I'm used to back in Maryland, We went to bars to not just have a few drinks but to socialize and have fun. If it was a drinking contest we would have a designated driver..
    I hit the Eagles i belong to a few night a week but generally not long after I eat I'm out there before 11pm with most of the big crowd. And the nightly drunk fest continues until 2 am.
    If the drunks do get cut off they just head to one of the other 4 bars in town.
    And it's a small town and everyone is well aware who's on who's naughty list.
    They don't get cut off very often, you will get 30 days off at the Eagles for foul language long before you get time off for falling off your stool and being a belligerent drunk.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    In an interesting contrast to that, perhaps, my bartenders (I had six or seven altogether, nearly all of them very experienced) were very careful to avoid "over serving" customers and regularly cut them off, sometimes resulting in howls of protest sometimes leading to the physical eviction of the customer. This in a state where the servers are not liable for over serving.
    That stems from responsible ownership, it's not hard to run a reasonably clean bar / restaurant. The bar owners here are just the three monkeys about how much better there business would be if the 14 local drunks that fill up all the bar stool 24-7 would be without the daily drunks.
    We have a nice sports bar in town and it has great food, Everyone just gets carry out, The drunks keep folks from staying... Imagine a sports bar with plenty of big screens that is less than half full for the Superbowl..
    It's crazy...
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Governors Unite to Tackle Opioid Epidemic

Let's legalize it! That way people can do what they want and nobody will be addicted or OD ever again!
    I have a better idea, lets spend a trillion dollars of taxpayer money, lock up a #### ton of people for non-violent crimes, watch as usage rates and potency of drugs continue to remain constant, and use the "war on drugs" to violate the rights of millions of people. It's totally working so far!
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    The drunks keep folks from staying... Imagine a sports bar with plenty of big screens that is less than half full for the Superbowl..
    It's crazy...
    yeah.....that IS crazy.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Why. It is all your idea. You explain it to yourself.
    I see zero difference
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I don't know....

Is bartending illegal?

Is it illegal to manufacture Glocks?

Is it illegal to manufacture Winchesters?

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to manufacture and distribute ILLEGAL drugs
    Concur, that's why I expounded in a later post

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I have a better idea, lets spend a trillion dollars of taxpayer money, lock up a #### ton of people for non-violent crimes, watch as usage rates and potency of drugs continue to remain constant, and use the "war on drugs" to violate the rights of millions of people. It's totally working so far!
    So if the crime rate doesn't change, we should just ignore the law?

So if the crime rate doesn't change, we should just ignore the law?
    Not what I'm saying.

What is the goal of the current method and current "war on drugs"?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    The only thing I have to add.. Is Ridge volunteers had their meeting last week, and during the meeting they released the number of calls they went out on last year (I have to admit, I don't know if this is the FD or the Rescue Squad) but they went out on 7400 calls last year.

We had volunteer ambulance and FD in PA as well, but every time they got called out they billed the caller's insurance. I don't understand why we don't do the same. It's a legal bill, insurance covers the costs (in PA over 13 years ago it was $500 a call) and with Obamacare the poorest of us SHOULD have coverage, why aren't our volunteer services providing a service for free, that's covered by insurance??

How much difference would 3.7Million make to their fundraising goals?? New Equipment? New Carnival rides (#1 Priority!!)? Property improvement??

I honestly don't see WHY we don't bill an insurance company EVERYtime they get a call out for fire or rescue.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 88