View Poll Results: Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • no tattoos are good tattoos

9 33.33%
  • a couple of small tattoos are OK if they can easily be covered

11 40.74%
  • get as many as you want but please...not on the face and neck.

9 33.33%
  • heck yeah, the more the merrier!

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

What do you think about tattoos? They used to be just for bikers and military vets but now I think there is a law requiring everyone over the age of 10 to get one.
    To each his own I guess but I'm not really a big fan, I can't think of anything that I would want to look at for the rest of my life. and when I see a pretty girl with a big ole tattoo it turns me off almost as much as her smoking a cigarette.

Blog Entries
    I love my tattoos (and I also smoke, but it doesn't matter because I'm taken anyway ).

I have no opinion on other peoples' tattoos, unless they're either really pretty or really ugly.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Didn't this train stop in the station a few years ago?

Buckle up.

I love my tattoo. I've had mine for about 5 years. I got it the year after my sister died - it was in honor of her that I got it.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    I don't care either way; except for some of those guys you see on Lockup, who have them all over their faces. I guess they don't plan on getting much of a job when they're done serving their life sentences. ;)

When I see a particularly pretty sleeve on some young thing, I always wonder what it'll look like at age 58.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    I don't care either way; except for some of those guys you see on Lockup, who have them all over their faces. I guess they don't plan on getting much of a job when they're done serving their life sentences. ;)

When I see a particularly pretty sleeve on some young thing, I always wonder what it'll look like at age 58.
    I think the tattoo thing takes away from military tattoos. Back in the day, that was a mark of bravery. Today, I think, so many people are so lost that they have to brand their body to stand out. I, actually, would like to see tattoos that can be covered (and one can have a chance at getting a real job); the ridiculous piercings of the face and lips is another story/thread. How do those people even kiss anyone anymore? Do they understand it looks hideous? Just wondering. Also, aren't tattoos physically harmful, as far as getting pricked with a needle and ink, and all?
    Last edited by littlelady; 05-18-2017 at 01:55 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I think the tattoo thing takes away from military tattoos. Back in the day, that was a mark of bravery. Today, I think, so many people are so lost that they have to brand their body to stand out. I, actually, would like to see tattoos that can be covered (and one can have a chance at getting a real job); the ridiculous piercings of the face and lips is another story/thread. How do those people even kiss anyone anymore? Do they understand it looks hideous? Just wondering. Also, aren't tattoos physically harmful, as far as getting pricked with a needle and ink, and all?
    Tattoos in general have been around for literally thousands of years and were not solely dedicated to military members.

Times are-a-changin' and as someone who could care less what other people do to their body, and as someone with a "real" job with tattoos that can't be covered and a big beard, maybe it's time we move past the idea that someone's looks dictate how they should be treated or viewed?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

I got some new work done...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	118536
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	118536
    No, you can't get a job because you look like something out of a John Carpenter movie.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by deekaypee8569 View Post
    no, you can't get a job because you look like something out of a john carpenter movie.
    h8r.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 31