Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Australian woman is fatally shot by Minneapolis police; bodycams were off

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Ah. I was hoping you might have some crazy story about singing Do They Know It's Christmas with Bananarama. But I guess that was Ethiopia not Somalia (getting my famine stricken east African countries mixed up).
    Yeah, only crazy part was that our diplomatic clearance was good for one hour only. If you didn't hit the window, turn around and go back to Diego Garcia. Seems they were very precise about turning the old Soviet sourced anti-aircraft missile systems off for that window only. Our briefer said that even so, the risk was low, as out of the last three launches, one had not left the launcher before blowing, another had cleared the launcher by only a short time before self destruction, and the third did make its full flight. Also no night landings allowed, as turning on the blue runway lights would attract tribesmen who would come kill the "demons" with clubs.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    imagine that, we allowed the importation of Somali criminals
    Among the 30,000 or so that live in MSP there are a couple of hundred crooks. The majority of them are what makes the wheels turn in the twin cities these days. They just want to work and be left in peace like the rest of us .

Members who have read this thread: 85