Australian woman is fatally shot by Minneapolis police; bodycams were off

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

Um, I'm guessing that's not what happened, and those "three sources" are full of ####.

That said, curious what the cops will say happened.

black dog

Free America
I'm curious why all three cameras were turned off, and why it seems there its up to Officer to turn them on.
It's hard to understand why on a call not to have A / V of the event.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm curious why all three cameras were turned off, and why it seems there its up to Officer to turn them on.

Because there was a deal going on with dirty cops, this woman stumbled upon it, and they shot her to keep her from being a witness.

This was the plot of one of the Prey novels, which also take place in Minneapolis.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just to help0 clarify a little. The article refers to this happening in an alley. And I know many people have this mental image of an alley, one right out of Batman or Running Scared. So, in residential Minneapolis at least, it's not like that. The houses on a block face the street, but the rears face an alley that's between, in the middle of the block. The image below is facing what I think is the alley in question. Not rat infested narrow ways filled with the homeless sleeping it off wrapped up in newspapers. But rather a tidy small road with garages and parking spots off of it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...3d3876a0ffac50e!8m2!3d44.910495!4d-93.3178743

DEEKAYPEE8569

It's easy, yet fruitless to say that the body cams should be on for the entirety of an officer's shift. I don't know what all is on the department-issued belt/holster, but a battery operated, 'always on' camera should also be standard issue; or at least a camera that activates when the lights/sirens are.....to avoid things like 'the call of nature.'

Hijinx

It's easy, yet fruitless to say that the body cams should be on for the entirety of an officer's shift. I don't know what all is on the department-issued belt/holster, but a battery operated, 'always on' camera should also be standard issue; or at least a camera that activates when the lights/sirens are.....to avoid things like 'the call of nature.'

Since we are all issuing opinions I will give min.
I cannot believe an officer would deliberately shoot someone through the door.
IMO this is a case of an officer having his gun in his lap and it went off like some Glocks seem prone to do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since we are all issuing opinions I will give min.
I cannot believe an officer would deliberately shoot someone through the door.
IMO this is a case of an officer having his gun in his lap and it went off like some Glocks seem prone to do.

But no gun was found at the scene. And I'm almost positive that if the cop passenger accidentally discharged his gun in the direction of the cop driver to hit someone standing at the driver's side door, the cop driver would be the first one to rat that guy out and have him at the very least kicked off the force. That would be your basic pants-####ter.

Update:
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/#1

The Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed a 40-year-old woman in the alley behind her home Saturday night has been identified as Officer Mohamed Noor. Meanwhile, state investigators have confirmed that they did not find any weapons at the scene.

First question: where's the gun? It is not disputed that this cop shot and killed her. So where's the gun? If it was an accident or provoked by the woman, the cop wouldn't have gotten rid of the gun, which he obviously did. Therefore, using my incredible deductive skills, I'ma call this one a cold-blooded murder and attempted cover-up, and a way more interesting story than what it might appear at first glance.

Hijinx

But no gun was found at the scene. And I'm almost positive that if the cop passenger accidentally discharged his gun in the direction of the cop driver to hit someone standing at the driver's side door, the cop driver would be the first one to rat that guy out and have him at the very least kicked off the force. That would be your basic pants-####ter.

Update:
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/434975623/#1

First question: where's the gun? It is not disputed that this cop shot and killed her. So where's the gun? If it was an accident or provoked by the woman, the cop wouldn't have gotten rid of the gun, which he obviously did. Therefore, using my incredible deductive skills, I'ma call this one a cold-blooded murder and attempted cover-up, and a way more interesting story than what it might appear at first glance.

No matter what the story says the cops gun was obviously at the scene.
I believe they mean that no gun was found in the posession of a civilian was at the scene.

There is no way in hell that the cops gun was not at the scene,Cops don't ride around in Police cars with no gun in America.
It's either bad reporting or the most stupid attempt at a cover up ever assembled.

black dog

Free America
You Midwesterners, with your logical layouts....... :) not like say Boston.... proper alleys, Boston.

... I always get a chuckle when I see on the news all there cars buried under the snow from the plows. And then put a chair in the dug out spot so no one will park there on a public street..

glhs837

Power with Control
No matter what the story says the cops gun was obviously at the scene.
I believe they mean that no gun was found in the posession of a civilian was at the scene.

There is no way in hell that the cops gun was not at the scene,Cops don't ride around in Police cars with no gun in America.
It's either bad reporting or the most stupid attempt at a cover up ever assembled.

Crappy reporting. I'll take that idea for $500, Alex. And yeah, shooing through the door of the car? Who the hell does that?

... I always get a chuckle when I see on the news all there cars buried under the snow from the plows. And then put a chair in the dug out spot so no one will park there on a public street..

Damn straight you bettah not move that effin chair, folks got dead for that :)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Update:

I'm guessing that both of the cops have been told not to make any statements, let the PAO do their job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm guessing that both of the cops have been told not to make any statements, let the PAO do their job.

I'm sure, but "no weapon was found at the scene" means what it says in plain English. The woman got shot. This cop shot her. Where's the gun?

You all can say shoddy reporting, but what it sounds like to me is the cops dumped the gun so it couldn't be used as evidence (that happened in a Hill Street Blues episode, btw). In my imagination, they had this idea they'd play it off and nobody knows nothin' 'bout nothin', and they got busted. So now they have a crime that nobody disputes, and a missing weapon that they need to explain.

Hijinx

I'm sure, but "no weapon was found at the scene" means what it says in plain English. The woman got shot. This cop shot her. Where's the gun?

You all can say shoddy reporting, but what it sounds like to me is the cops dumped the gun so it couldn't be used as evidence (that happened in a Hill Street Blues episode, btw). In my imagination, they had this idea they'd play it off and nobody knows nothin' 'bout nothin', and they got busted. So now they have a crime that nobody disputes, and a missing weapon that they need to explain.

I still think this guy was diddling around with his gun and it went off. He fired across the lap of his partner and through the door.
No one with any sense does that. It's just crazy.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Then where is the gun?

Which gun? Nobody has challenged the Star-Tribune to explain why that sentence is even in the article. Are we looking for the officer's service handgun? Are we looking for another firearm that didn't make the edit fo the local newspaper?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I doubt your interpretation, but it is a possibility.