Amazon Fresh

Clem72

So it looks like Amazon Fresh is available in our area. Same day delivery for morning orders, next day otherwise.

While I would love the convenience of being able to order the groceries necessary to cook a specific breakfast the night before, and not have to drive to the store (or have them deliver that chimi churi sauce for your steak that you forgot to pick up) the monthly fee doesn't seem worth it for the few times I would use it.

Also, they have some crazy prices on their steaks. Must be importing some of that beer fed massaged beef from Japan or something to justify $25/lb for skirt steak.

I did read that they are gearing up to release a box meal, like Blue Apron. If it costs the same but still has the monthly fee I can't see switching.

So it looks like Amazon Fresh is available in our area. Same day delivery for morning orders, next day otherwise.

While I would love the convenience of being able to order the groceries necessary to cook a specific breakfast the night before, and not have to drive to the store (or have them deliver that chimi churi sauce for your steak that you forgot to pick up) the monthly fee doesn't seem worth it for the few times I would use it.

Also, they have some crazy prices on their steaks. Must be importing some of that beer fed massaged beef from Japan or something to justify $25/lb for skirt steak.

I did read that they are gearing up to release a box meal, like Blue Apron. If it costs the same but still has the monthly fee I can't see switching.

I've been using it for the past month (free 30 day trial). I've experienced a few issues with them, but they were quick to resolve them and put credits on my account each time. Plus they extended my Prime membership for a month for free.

The food has been wonderful. Produce is fresh as well as the meat. No complaints there at all.

However, I do not think it's worth the $15/month charge. If I was a crazy busy mom running here and there all the time, then I'd seriously consider it. I will cancel my trial at the end of this week.

lovinmaryland

I've been using it for about a month now and have been enjoying it. While I have noticed the prices are higher on some items I've found that I'm actually saving $ because I am not going to the store every other day which often leads to me grabbing unneccesary things. I plan out our meals for the week and then buy those ingredients. I like that I can pack my bag on Monday and add items to it if I need to all the way up until my delivery day. That is especially handy when they have their fresh deals where you can get some items for .25 or on special. They run those a couple times a week so its nice to be able to get those deals.

Also we take a lot of long weekend vacations in the summer months so I can see it being extremely convenient to come home from a long weekend to all of my groceries on the porch ready to go. I was nervous our frozen items and perishables like meats and such wouldn't be cold after sitting outside for a while but they package those w/ dry ice. One of my bags sat out on the porch in the direct sun for over an hour and when I opened it up the ice cream was still rock hard frozen.

All of the meats that I have purchased so far have been of superior quality... I most certainly would not have found cuts of that quality locally (food lion, giant, walmart) In our stores locally I've noticed the skinless boneless chicken breast that even say on them that they are "hand trimmed" still need to be trimmed by me when I get them home. The chicken I purchased from AF was perfectly trimmed literally ready to go. The roasts that I have bought all have excellent marbling and just enough fat to make them tender. I have not bought steaks yet but will in the next few orders. They carry Pat Lafrieda ground beef which is far superior to what we have in stores locally and its only pennies more per pound. Made some excellent burgers the other night. So juicy!

I haven't had any issues with my orders but I have friends who use it and have had minor things happen (items left out of order, order late, etc...) they've always been compensated and compensated well for the issues.

wubbles

A lot of organic products are available that aren't easily found locally. Expect to pay a premium of course. You're paying for quality and convenience which is going to double your typical grocery budget. Personally, I am really looking forward to the Harris Teeter express lane after reading up on it.

Urbanite

I love Amazon Fresh have had no problems everything is so fresh and excellent quality plus it saves me so much time not to mention when it's cold and nasty outside it's so nice to not have to go out in that weather some things I find are cheaper some may be a tad bit more expensive but heck I think I'm worth it LOL