SMECO windfall

Clem72

It's supposed to be based on use, and mine was around $2. So softtouch must use a hell of a lot of the lectricity.

Restitution

Word on the street is that we (residential customers) were the last to dip from the well. Larger accounts (the base, commercial, etc.) got first dibs and..... were even comped up to the full amount meaning that they got free electric for a while.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Word on the street is that we (residential customers) were the last to dip from the well. Larger accounts (the base, commercial, etc.) got first dibs and..... were even comped up to the full amount meaning that they got free electric for a while.

It's not a "first dip" situation. The total capital credit is divided among SMECO customers proportionately based on each customer's the amount each customer has paid during the period the capital credit is based on.

catlingirl

I got a 10 dollar credit but my bill went up $135 this month. Hopefully it won't be that bad next month. I have the new smart meter now so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm rich. Collected over 17 bucks from my three SMECO accounts... Spent it on beer already..