Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AG Sessions wants increased asset forefiture

AG Sessions wants increased asset forefiture

Speaking to the National District Attorneys Association conference in Minneapolis on Monday, Sessions said he’s issuing a new directive that will, among other things, aim to increase civil asset forfeiture.

“[W]e hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture — especially for drug traffickers,” Sessions said. “With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures. No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime. Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners.”

Police already seize a lot of assets from people. A recent report from the inspector general at the Justice Department, for example, found that the Drug Enforcement Administration alone seized more than $3.2 billion in assets from 2007 to 2016.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ure?yptr=yahoo
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

I have nothing against seizures against dope dealers, but taking from honest citizens and making it almost impossible to get their money back is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I have nothing against seizures against dope dealers, but taking from honest citizens and making it almost impossible to get their money back is BS.
    I agree. It's too bad our great President picked such a ####ty AG.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

I do wish AG Sessions would look at the Clinton investigation and do the right thing, as well as the states that are sanctuary and violating drug laws.

As for money, I think it's fine to take the money and freeze it during a trial, and take it if it has been adjudicated as illegally obtained. Other than that, I'm not so good.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    20 years in the Senate may have gotten him to be too friendly with his cohorts, and it seems it shriveled his manhood.
    He recuses himself from important tasks in investigations while he goes after the easy shot.

By the way your sarcasm toward Trump is noted.

IMO the Senate is more a clubhouse full of people who's greatest job is to see that they stay as members.
    They stopped working for America a long time ago.
    Last edited by Hijinx; 07-18-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Wwphd?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Wwphd?
    Paul Harvey?
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I know right? Its not like civil forfeiture laws and the abuses there of... were happening before this last election.

But... you know.... because Trump!

Stiiiillll waiting on that avatar change
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I do. I really don't think there should be any such thing as "civil asset forfeiture". If I haven't been found guilty of a crime leave your grubby hands off of my stuff.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    I do. I really don't think there should be any such thing as "civil asset forfeiture". If I haven't been found guilty of a crime leave your grubby hands off of my stuff.
    Good point. Seizure after conviction.

Members who have read this thread: 55