Obamacare Reform Failure Puts it back on Democrats for Passing in the 1st Place

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It was amusing to hear Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say, after the Senate bill failed, that Republicans should "work with Democrats on a bill that lowers premiums, provides long-term stability to the markets and improves our health care system."

Lower premiums, stabilize insurance markets, improve health care? Wasn't that what ObamaCare was supposed to do in the first place?

While Schumer and company were busy calling Republicans mass murderers, here's what was actually happening with ObamaCare.

http://www.investors.com/politics/e...-that-republicans-failed-to-repeal-obamacare/

But with repeal-and-replace now off the table, all we have left is the self-destructing ObamaCare. Don't be surprised if ObamaCare's popularity suddenly nose-dives again.

So the GOP's answer to Schumer should be: You had your chance to fix health care. You blew it. Twice. First when you passed ObamaCare, and second when you refused to admit that mistake and decided to cast Republicans as evil. Why should the GOP reward you with a third?

Plus, as the ObamaCare exchanges continue to crumble and as more states chafe at Medicaid's costs, it will be easier for Republicans to get what they want on their own — if Republicans are smart enough to seize the opportunity, that is.

PJay

So sick of all of this. Bunch of immature idiots! Republicans do own it now! They have promised to REPEAL for the last 7 years, going on 8 now.

Sick of hearing "once an entitlement has been given hard to take away."

Feel we are doomed.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been in the "eff em...let Obamacare completely fail" camp for a while now. Nothing the Republicans have cobbled together so far looked like a "fix" to me. And nothing to allow insurance companies to operate across all states..no tort reform..

Clem72

Something to be said for waiting. If they attempt to fix it now, or even just apply a bandaid to the booboo, they give the D's the opportunity to blame them for the eventual failure. Let it fail on its own and it will take more D's down with it, and then they get the opportunity to score some additional points by merely returning us to sanity with a repeal.

Sapidus

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.24.42 PM.png
Something to be said for waiting. If they attempt to fix it now, or even just apply a bandaid to the booboo, they give the D's the opportunity to blame them for the eventual failure. Let it fail on its own and it will take more D's down with it, and then they get the opportunity to score some additional points by merely returning us to sanity with a repeal.

You are nuts.

You think the american people are going to forget that the R's had 7 years to come up with a plan , tried a few different much worse plans and then abandoned the whole thing and this is going to turn out badly for them?

You think suddenly people are decide that they should have passed a crappy replacement? People are going to see right through that and all the constant lies from Trump and Pence about the horrors of Obamacare.

Trump has the house and senate and still can't accomplish anything. This is gonna cost him bigly

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump has the house and senate and still can't accomplish anything. This is gonna cost him bigly

[I've Been waiting for you to repeat this lie]

ah NO he doesn't ....... quit acting like there is 100 % lock step party parity [ this isn't the democrats]

Remember Obtuse ONE Trump was elected as the ANTI-Establishment Candidate plenty of Republicans stood against Trump, and a bunch are in congress

The 3 Republicans Who Doomed a Senate Repeal of the Health Law

Senator Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia

The opioid epidemic led to her misgivings with her party’s effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act. West Virginia expanded Medicaid under President Barack Obama’s health care law, a decision that increased the number of her constituents with health insurance.

Ms. Capito expressed reservations in recent months about Republican proposals, calling for a plan that would at least draw out the rollback of federal payments made to states under the health care law over several years. But on Tuesday, she said every Senate proposal had failed to address her concerns. “I did not come to Washington to hurt people,” she said in a statement.

Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska

Though she pointed to skyrocketing premiums and dwindling options, Ms. Murkowski was unconvinced that Alaska’s problems — particularly its high health care costs — would have been helped by the original Republican plan to repeal and replace the law. Like West Virginia, the state expanded Medicaid, which covers about a quarter of its residents, and earlier this year Ms. Murkowski said that as long as the Alaska Legislature wanted to keep that expansion, she would not vote to repeal it.

Ms. Murkowski said Tuesday that she would oppose the repeal-only effort. “Repealing the A.C.A. without a clear path forward just creates confusion and greater uncertainty,” she said in a statement.

Senator Susan Collins of Maine

As was the case for Ms. Capito and Ms. Murkowski, Ms. Collins opposed her party’s proposals to make deep cuts to Medicaid, criticizing the effects on the “most vulnerable.” While Maine did not expand Medicaid, the health care law’s subsidies increased the number of individual policyholders in the state to 80,000 from 30,000. And the proposals were projected to increase rates in particular for older Americans, a particular problem for Maine, where the median age of 43 is the oldest in the country.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Exactly.

This_person

View attachment 119359

You are nuts.

You think the american people are going to forget that the R's had 7 years to come up with a plan , tried a few different much worse plans and then abandoned the whole thing and this is going to turn out badly for them?

You think suddenly people are decide that they should have passed a crappy replacement? People are going to see right through that and all the constant lies from Trump and Pence about the horrors of Obamacare.

:lol:

Like so many of your posts, there are so many things wrong with it I just don't know where to start.

Let's start with what the American People know/forget. As an electorate, we are pretty fickle. But, you're right - without really trying to be. The people that voted for Republicans voted for them to REPEAL the steaming pile of legislative feces known as the ACA or Obamacare. NOT, I repeat NOT to repeal and replace it. Those who vote for Republicans will not forget that there is no vote to simply repeal it from either house.

Next, what do you think are lies about the horrors of Obamacare? That it sucks? Even Bill Clinton reminded us it sucks, so you're are WAY in the outlier field if you don't know that it sucks. Triple-digit premium increases? True. Huge numbers of counties with one, or worse NO insurance carriers? True. What do you think is NOT true?

Third, the Senate has this 60-vote rule to get to normal legislation. Remember when all you lefties were talking about how the Republicans were stalling or blocking legislation, when we were not in the majority? Democrats are doing the same thing today. The only solution is to nuke the "filibuster" rule, and go back to REAL stand-up filibusters. I'm not opposed to that, but you will be very sad right now. I'd probably be very sad in the future.

Repeal the 17th amendment, and most of this #### will go away. Now way this EVER would have made it through a Senate run by state-appointed Senators, which is why the Constitution originally had it that way - to give the states a voice in federal government.

PJay

Let's start with what the American People know/forget. As an electorate, we are pretty fickle. But, you're right - without really trying to be. The people that voted for Republicans voted for them to REPEAL the steaming pile of legislative feces known as the ACA or Obamacare. NOT, I repeat NOT to repeal and replace it. Those who vote for Republicans will not forget that there is no vote to simply repeal it from either house.

Finally! Serious REPLACE was never mentioned..NOW it's all over the place.

Sapidus

:lol:

Like so many of your posts, there are so many things wrong with it I just don't know where to start.

Next, what do you think are lies about the horrors of Obamacare? That it sucks? Even Bill Clinton reminded us it sucks, so you're are WAY in the outlier field if you don't know that it sucks. Triple-digit premium increases? True. Huge numbers of counties with one, or worse NO insurance carriers? True. What do you think is NOT true?

Third, the Senate has this 60-vote rule to get to normal legislation. Remember when all you lefties were talking about how the Republicans were stalling or blocking legislation, when we were not in the majority? Democrats are doing the same thing today. The only solution is to nuke the "filibuster" rule, and go back to REAL stand-up filibusters. I'm not opposed to that, but you will be very sad right now. I'd probably be very sad in the future.

Repeal the 17th amendment, and most of this #### will go away. Now way this EVER would have made it through a Senate run by state-appointed Senators, which is why the Constitution originally had it that way - to give the states a voice in federal government.

Public support for Obamacare continues to rise as the public sees how incompetent the republicans attempts have been.

Everyday I see Trump or Pence on Facebook repeating falsehoods about ACA. It is literal propaganda as they try to misinform the public. They have repeatedly lied despite the CBO and other nonpartisan groups showing what absolute trash their replacement bills have been.

Obamacare is not going anywhere unless Trump takes steps to tank (by not paying subsidies a stance he has waffled on already) it which will cost him even more politically at this point.

61% of polls say that Trump and Co are now in charge and any problems with Obamacare are on them
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/13/15285162/trump-obamacare-subsidies-lawsuit-threat

This_person

Public support for Obamacare continues to rise as the public sees how incompetent the republicans attempts have been.

Link?

Everyday I see Trump or Pence on Facebook repeating falsehoods about ACA.

I asked you WHAT THE LIES ARE, not asking you to repeat you find them lies without saying what the lies you think are out there. Try again.

Obamacare is not going anywhere unless Trump takes steps to tank (by not paying subsidies a stance he has waffled on already) it which will cost him even more politically at this point.

61% of polls say that Trump and Co are now in charge and any problems with Obamacare are on them
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/13/15285162/trump-obamacare-subsidies-lawsuit-threat

If I were Pres and couldn't get #### through congress, I'd simply fire everyone involved, end the program by EO, and wait for the SCOTUS to rule. New SCOTUS, I would anticipate new ruling - especially if Kennedy retires next term as predicted and reported.

Sapidus

Link?

I asked you WHAT THE LIES ARE, not asking you to repeat you find them lies without saying what the lies you think are out there. Try again.

If I were Pres and couldn't get #### through congress, I'd simply fire everyone involved, end the program by EO, and wait for the SCOTUS to rule. New SCOTUS, I would anticipate new ruling - especially if Kennedy retires next term as predicted and reported.

Well you are not.

And this isn't a dictatorship.

Sapidus

Thank God!

But, you still didn't tell me what the lies are that Trump and Pence are spreading on a daily basis. You read them daily, so you must be able to come up with ONE.

Feel free to go look at their Facebook pages.

Literally everyday they post propaganda about the dangers of the ACA and how it must be repealed. I'm sure they will stop now and move onto the budget. Should be rich

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Feel free to go look at their Facebook pages.

Literally everyday they post propaganda

:yay:

Gotcha ....

so anything posted by Pence or Trump is Propaganda
- but none of the 1000's of Progressive organizations
ONLY the GOP or Christians post propaganda

Sapidus

:yay:

Gotcha ....

so anything posted by Pence or Trump is Propaganda
- but none of the 1000's of Progressive organizations
ONLY the GOP or Christians post propaganda

Yep. That is exactly what I said. Moron

If you look at their posts it is quickly apparent they are trying to spin a false narrative. Although I'm sure they will stop now and move onto something else since they can't be bothered to put real effort into anything.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Literally everyday they post propaganda about the dangers of the ACA and how it must be repealed.

So we'll mark you down as firmly in favor of just letting Barrycare collapse then. That's pretty much where I am too. Won't take too much longer at the rate it's imploding now.