vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sorry to hear that?

Okay, hang on a sec...

Boy, that explains a lot.

Wait...not that....

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish him the best.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm sorry to hear that?

Okay, hang on a sec...

Boy, that explains a lot.

Wait...not that....

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish him the best.

:yeahthat:

He certainly has not been my favorite Republican these past 8 years, but I know he is one tough SOB and will fight this. I defintely don't wish this dreaded affliction on anyone, but I will admit that my first thought and what I said to FH when hearing this news was "that might explain a few things the last few months".

Then again, maybe not.

Thing2 is bummed about it. I'll never forget how Thing2 was so upset over McCain losing the election to Obama. He was either 6th or 7th grade (he was 12) He had been reading his book "Faith of my Fathers" and worshipped McCain. (Unlike the snowflakes - hee did, however, go to school every day )

Last edited:

Hijinx

I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anyone. There have been survivors.

I will say this there are a few congressmen and women who are getting on in age and should retire and enjoy what time they have left.

Dying in the Congress is just plain stupid. Do they really need that acclimation that bad.
get out enjoy what life is left. At 80 or more you have no real business being there to start with.
There should be term and age limits.

PJay

I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anyone. There have been survivors.

I will say this there are a few congressmen and women who are getting on in age and should retire and enjoy what time they have left.

Dying in the Congress is just plain stupid. Do they really need that acclimation that bad.
get out enjoy what life is left. At 80 or more you have no real business being there to start with.
There should be term and age limits.

Doubt he'll leave. These evil people hang on till their last breath. I truly believe they receive some type of injections to keep them going..green gooey stuff I imagine.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I wouldn't wish brain cancer on anyone, either. But, the out pouring of support for John McCain seems lopsided when comparing to what happened to Steve Scalise. Scalise even sent out a message to McCain. I don't remember it being reported that McCain did that for Scalise. I am not surprised, but disappointed in the bias and total imbalance of America. Call me cynical. I don't really care what y'all call me. I just hear and see what I hear and see. God bless US all.

I have searched 3 times under different search references. Nothing. Here is my last search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=john+...-24&sk=&cvid=A637D98ED46C4639A8B3BB0D970439C3I think it is sad that an American soldier that sacrificed so much as a patriot turned on his country because he wasn't elected prez when he ran. His values changed. I wish him the best. What I find amusing is his dot is a contributor to FOX. Life can be very amusing sometimes. You have to look at it that way, or you will not make it.

Last edited:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Doubt he'll leave. These evil people hang on till their last breath. I truly believe they receive some type of injections to keep them going..green gooey stuff I imagine.

This is probably not the most opportune time for Arizona to hold a special election to replace the Senior Senator from Arizona. If the Republican governor is allowed to appoint a Republican replacement for the duration of McCain's current term (five+ years) then they might be wise to convince John to step aside so his interim replacement has plenty of time to develop a track record. It all depends on how a replacement would be selected and for how long.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Ted Kennedy and his Weekend At Bernie's act. I'm sure they'll hook McCain up to the jumper cables periodically so he can sit up straight when they need him to.

Honestly, I'm probably going to hell for this but I have no sympathy or feeling other than disgust toward these corrupt lifetime politicians. I think of them the same way I'd think if any other fascist dictator POS had karma finally bite their ass. Nobody sent condolences when Idi Amin or Papa Doc finally croaked.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, here we go... The usual characters letting their political hatred define their regard for a person as a whole. I cannot allow my disgust with McCain as a politician get in the way of my better senses as a civilized, caring human being. There is nothing McCain did to deserve the kind hatred I'm seeing here. He followed his political conscience. You may not like it, but apparently the folks in AZ did. Kennedy murdered a woman. Good reason to have very little sympathy for his suffering. But John McCain? What's wrong with you people?

I admire this man who suffered things none of us could ever come near understanding. Where most would have lived the rest of their lives curled up in a ball in the corner of a room, he came out on top, becoming one of the most successful politicians we've seen. I have always respected and admired this man for that kind of courage. Now, he has to suffer through another really difficult battle. How much can this world throw at a person and the still go on fighting?

God bless you John McCain in your next battle in life.

willie

Well, here we go... The usual characters letting their political hatred define their regard for a person as a whole. I cannot allow my disgust with McCain as a politician get in the way of my better senses as a civilized, caring human being. There is nothing McCain did to deserve the kind hatred I'm seeing here. He followed his political conscience. You may not like it, but apparently the folks in AZ did. Kennedy murdered a woman. Good reason to have very little sympathy for his suffering. But John McCain? What's wrong with you people?

I admire this man who suffered things none of us could ever come near understanding. Where most would have lived the rest of their lives curled up in a ball in the corner of a room, he came out on top, becoming one of the most successful politicians we've seen. I have always respected and admired this man for that kind of courage. Now, he has to suffer through another really difficult battle. How much can this world throw at a person and the still go on fighting?

God bless you John McCain in your next battle in life.

Well said. Looking at the comments on this and other sites, it is sad to see the hate that consumes some people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, here we go... The usual characters letting their political hatred define their regard for a person as a whole.

I have no regard for John McCain. You all can wring your hands and act out, but I'm not going to do that. He doesn't get a pass from me just because he was a POW. He's been riding that train his whole career and people fall for it. It's long past time that we see John the Politician instead of John the POW. McCain is a nasty, evil, vindictive person and I'm not going to pretend that he's not just because he has cancer. There are enough sob sisters around, I don't need to be one of them.

becoming one of the most successful politicians we've seen

I guess that depends on what you consider "success" and whether or not you think being a "successful politician" is a good thing.

This whole thing reminds me of the Trudeau eulogy: "Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation."

Yeah. Okay. :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have no regard for John McCain. You all can wring your hands and act out, but I'm not going to do that. He doesn't get a pass from me just because he was a POW. He's been riding that train his whole career and people fall for it. It's long past time that we see John the Politician instead of John the POW. McCain is a nasty, evil, vindictive person and I'm not going to pretend that he's not just because he has cancer. There are enough sob sisters around, I don't need to be one of them.

I guess that depends on what you consider "success" and whether or not you think being a "successful politician" is a good thing.

This whole thing reminds me of the Trudeau eulogy: "Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation."

Yeah. Okay. :lol:

You’re really going to compare McCain to Castro; who butchered hundreds of thousands who dared to question him? I don’t even know how to have a rational discussion with that line of thinking.

I remember your response to Teddy’s demise, and I thought it was somewhat justified because of his criminality. I’m just not one to allow my sentiments in politics get in the way of my heart for the human being. John McCain has done nothing in his life that he didn’t feel he was compelled to do base on his constituents.

I’m not wringing my hands over his health problems; I’m honoring him for the success he has achieved, despite his impossible hardships in life. I’ve always felt this way about McCain even before this cancer thing. He may not be someone I look up to in politics, but he is someone I look up to in wanting have the kind of internal strength he has.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
but he is someone I look up to in wanting have the kind of internal strength he has.

Yes, it does indeed take enormous internal strength to spend 30 years wallowing in the corruption and muck that is Washington DC and eventually become one of the leaders of the miscreants. I don't admire that sort thing, nor do I admire an "accomplished politician". Just means they're good at lying, double-dealing, power mongering, passing the buck, glad-handing, making threats, and digging dirt on their opponent. Big deal.

But of course, you can admire that sort of thing if you want to. And on that note, I will leave you all to it. :yay:

Last edited: