Kalifornia proposes jail time for calling a he a she.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hotel California is defiintely in California. It reminds me of when i see a random baby out while shopping, and comment on how cute he/she is, and get the gender wrong. :blushing: So, are we going to get arrested, eventually, for calling the wrong gender on a baby? Ludicrous, is an understatement on the issue you posted about. I can't even imagine what is next.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I must admit, I'm somewhat dreading Montreal. The more I read about Canada, the more I don't like it. A whole week spent worrying that I'm going to accidentally call someone by the wrong pronoun and end up in jail eating poutine and other Canadian gross-outs. Worrying that one of the terrorists they not only harbor, but pay millions of $$$ to will blow us up and be rewarded for it. That does not sound like a good time to me.

My question about Kollyfornication and their brilliant new bill:

Is that even constitutional? My understanding is that if one of the states makes a law that infringes on the rights of American citizens under the Constitution, that law gets overturned by the fed. I'm pretty sure that designating something fairly harmless as "hate speech" is a direct contradiction to the First Amendment.