When You Speak Out Againist Your Employer .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Robertson then makes her "official" declaration that homosexuality is "natural" and thus not "sinful," as is the official stance of her employer:

This is my official announcement and declaration that I believe heterosexuality and homosexuality are both natural and neither is sinful. I will never support the phrase “love the sinner, hate the sin” because that “sin” is part of who that person is. Homosexuality and transgenderism are not sins; if God made us, and those are part of who we are.. then God created that as well. I realize that my views counter the current day policies of the LDS Church, but I hope that over time the Church will come to see the harm these policies have. Church History shows that the Church has rescinded policies before that weren’t doctrinal, and that weren’t inspired by the Lord. I hope that this will some day apply to the stance on the LGBT community. I will always and forever stand up for the equality of the LGBT community. Sexuality and gender are not binary, they are on a spectrum and that’s how we were made

To Robertson's surprise, her post condemning the policies and moral tenets of her employer resulted in her contract not being renewed.

The Washington Post, which spoke with Robertson, says she describes herself as a "huge leftist living in a completely red state" who is thus used to being controversial. While she knew her post would get some pushback from her Mormon friends, she "never expected to be fired because of it," the Post reports.

Here's the sequence of events as described by the Post:

Robertson was not friends with any of her students on Facebook, and made sure to keep the post private. But she said one of her Facebook friends reported the post to her department head and another sent an email to the school's president.

The following day she met with administrators, who she said implied that if she did not take down the Facebook post, she would lose her job. She refused, standing by her beliefs and maintaining that she never expressed her political or social opinions in the classroom. The school officials told her to pray about her decision.

A week later, after Robertson still had not taken down the post, one of the administrators called her to inform her she would not be returning to teach classes in the fall. The university would allow her to finish classes through the rest of the semester, which ended Tuesday. But beyond that, her contract was terminated.

This 'Huge Leftist' Teaches At A Mormon University. She Put Up A Facebook Post Supporting Homosexuality. She Was Fired.

why are you surprised when your contract is not renewed, I guess she needs to choose her friends better, if someone ratted her out to the school administration

[queue Sappy to lecture about discrimination]

:oldman:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure why these people say they are of a certain religion, yet disagree with a major tenet of that religion. Instead of having a fit and expecting the whole church to change, why don't you go and find you a church that is more in line with your beliefs?

:confused:

Clem72

I'm not sure why these people say they are of a certain religion, yet disagree with a major tenet of that religion. Instead of having a fit and expecting the whole church to change, why don't you go and find you a church that is more in line with your beliefs?

Why oh why won't the Church of the Nazarene accept my belief that our sins are actually a product of the Thetans that lord Xenu used sent into our bodies a billion years ago?

Clem72

Why oh why won't the Church of the Nazarene accept my belief that our sins are actually a product of the Thetans that lord Xenu sent into our bodies a billion years ago?

Hijinx

Why oh why won't the Church of the Nazarene accept my belief that our sins are actually a product of the Thetans that lord Xenu sent into our bodies a billion years ago?

Have you found any other Church that accepts that , or are you the only one?
If you have found another Church why do you care what the Church of the Nazarene believes?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

indeed, raised a Mormon ..... but disagrees with Church Tenet on gays
I get why Pelosi never left, she wants a slice of the liberal Catholic Vote to keep her in office

Methodists [IIRC] are big on gay life style and female ministers ........

Hijinx

I get why Pelosi never left, she wants a slice of the liberal Catholic Vote to keep her in office

You have Pelosi figured right.
Her real Church is the Democrat Party.

Wishbone

Methodists [IIRC] are big on gay life style and female ministers ........

Catholicism is moving leftward anyhow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have found another Church why do you care what the Church of the Nazarene believes?

Painful.

Hi, he's referring to Scientology and being sarcastic.

Clem72

Clem72 said:
not.jpg