Thread: 12 cookies

12 cookies

A wealthy CEO, a Tea Party Republican, an immigrant and a poor person were sitting at a table. In the middle of the table is a dozen cookies.
    The CEO grabs 11 of the cookies and leans over to the Tea Party guy and says: “ You had better watch those guys, they’re after your cookie.“

Blog Entries
    Huh?

That joke doesn't even make sense.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Huh?

Nor funny... It's one of Colberts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Nor funny... It's one of Colberts.
    That would explain it. OTOH had he ever been funny? I must not have watched him that day.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Huh?

Makes sense to me: This is coming from a left position - Greedy corporations (CEO) take or keep nearly all the goodies, leaving just a bit for the common man (tea party) and nothing for those who supposedly need it worse.

Still not funny at all, though.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Makes sense to me: This is coming from a left position - Greedy corporations (CEO) take or keep nearly all the goodies, leaving just a bit for the common man (tea party) and nothing for those who supposedly need it worse.

Still not funny at all, though.
    Yeah well. A more accurate portrayal might be where the CEO bought and paid for the cookies, which is the way it works.
    When I make dinner for my kids and they wonder why I got the biggest piece, I tell them because I worked for it, I paid for it, I prepared and cooked it.
    And that maybe they should ask why they get one at all.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    At the very least, the CEO put up capital and invested in those cookies, and had the right to profit from those cookies, while the workers got a piece and do nothings got nothing.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 59