12 cookies

Curious99

A wealthy CEO, a Tea Party Republican, an immigrant and a poor person were sitting at a table. In the middle of the table is a dozen cookies.
The CEO grabs 11 of the cookies and leans over to the Tea Party guy and says: “ You had better watch those guys, they’re after your cookie.“

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Huh?

That joke doesn't even make sense.

Makes sense to me: This is coming from a left position - Greedy corporations (CEO) take or keep nearly all the goodies, leaving just a bit for the common man (tea party) and nothing for those who supposedly need it worse.

Still not funny at all, though.

SamSpade

Makes sense to me: This is coming from a left position - Greedy corporations (CEO) take or keep nearly all the goodies, leaving just a bit for the common man (tea party) and nothing for those who supposedly need it worse.

Still not funny at all, though.

Yeah well. A more accurate portrayal might be where the CEO bought and paid for the cookies, which is the way it works.
When I make dinner for my kids and they wonder why I got the biggest piece, I tell them because I worked for it, I paid for it, I prepared and cooked it.
And that maybe they should ask why they get one at all.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
At the very least, the CEO put up capital and invested in those cookies, and had the right to profit from those cookies, while the workers got a piece and do nothings got nothing.:buddies: