Then Bill NYE Should Off Himself

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bill Nye: Old People Have To Die For Us To Stop Global Warming

He told The Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, “Climate change deniers, by way of example, are older. It’s generational…We’re just going to have to wait for those people to ‘age out,’ as they say. ‘Age out’ is a euphemism for ‘die.’ But it’ll happen, I guarantee you – that’ll happen.”

[clip]

But the fantasy of the Left that the demographics of the country will move in their direction if they can just get rid of undesirable populations has a pretty dark undertone: hoping your political opponents croak so that you can win legislative battles without having to win the argument smacks of nastiness. While conservatives sometimes joke about Leftists having fewer children and then losing the argument through demographics, we’re not actually rooting for it, nor do we think that lack of children from Leftists would be a necessity for political victory.

But on the left, the hatred for those old white Americans is quite real. And it’s one of the driving factors behind that constituency’s hard turn toward candidates like President Trump.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate to say this, but he has a point. Not about global warming, but about resources in general. Used to be, people died at a civilized age. Now they are kept alive past their expiration date through various means, which taxes the system.

That said, I don't see any of these lefty intellectuals volunteering for Carrousel when their lifeclock starts blinking.

And please don't make me explain that. If you're too young to get the reference, ha ha.

Clem72

That said, I don't see any of these lefty intellectuals volunteering for Carrousel when their lifeclock starts blinking.

Farrah Fawcett and Jenny Agutter in shear robes with no, uh, support. You better believe I got that reference.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I hate to say this, but he has a point. Not about global warming, but about resources in general. Used to be, people died at a civilized age. Now they are kept alive past their expiration date through various means, which taxes the system.

:yay: Modern Medicine .... now we sustain old folks, because people cannot let grandma die, in nursing homes, waiting to die

And please don't make me explain that. If you're too young to get the reference, ha ha.

OMG

:love:

You Are Awesome .... [all time favorite 1970's SciFi]

Farrah Fawcett and Jenny Agutter in shear robes with no, uh, support. You better believe I got that reference.

Jenny - 1st women time I saw boobies in a movie theater ... 1976

side boob, before man knew what side boob was [the entire carousel scene]

SamSpade

I hate to say this, but he has a point.

Strange but the first thing I thought of was - "old" people remember when we were going to cause another Ice Age.
"Old" people have heard that we were destroying the planet - that DDT was killing the environment, cyclamates caused birth defects, and saccharine caused cancer.
Killer bees were coming and we all needed to eat more oat bran. Y2K. Radon.

The REASON they're skeptical (I hate the term "denier". You deny something like the Holocaust, which is history - which took place already) is because this ain't their first rodeo.
They're heard this crap before.

It's one thing to hear the planet is heating up - but the claims about what is coming go back decades - and they haven't happened.
You're more likely to believe something when you have no experience dealing with BS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're more likely to believe something when you have no experience dealing with BS.

Or when you're not in the target demographic. "Yeah, you old people! You should go kill yourselves and leave more food for us young people! Wait, not you, Hillary. And not you, either, Bernie. And Nancy, not you."

Anyway, now that I re-read Nye's statement, what he's talking about is something I've said before about same-sex marriage: the people who object to it are older, and as they die out we will have a country that accepts non-traditional marriage as a norm. My grandkids will never know a world where gays cannot marry, just like I don't know a world where black people couldn't eat anywhere they like or drink from the same water fountain as I do.

And you're right - this ain't our first rodeo. When I was in 7th grade my science teacher was adamant that there would be an ice age in our (the 12 and 13 year old students') lifetime. Well, we must have overcorrected because now it's global warming that's going to kill us all. We can look back at all the cracky stuff the adults were trying to indoctrinate us with - "calling occupants of interplanetary craft..." My aunt had to explain to me that that was at attempted reboot of World Contact Day, which is what the adult nutters of her childhood were all excited about.

:crazy:

I'm guessing 40 years from now young adults will look back on what their prehistoric peers were jumping up and down about in 2017 and think they were just as quaint and ignorant as we think people were in the 60s and 70s.

I'm guessing 40 years from now young adults will look back on what their prehistoric peers were jumping up and down about in 2017 and think they were just as quaint and ignorant as we think people were in the 60s and 70s.

It's been that way for eons and will continue into the future. Call it life, progress, enlightenment....

"The earth is flat!!!"
"The earth is the center of the universe!!"

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

And please don't make me explain that. If you're too young to get the reference, ha ha.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: