Chester Bennington dead

littlelady

God bless the USA
I read this thread, and I don't understand why anyone cares about this guy. My reason for saying that is that my hub is an ultra runner. I know, I know that y'all already know that. BUT, the reason I am posting is because every time my hub runs in a race, he wears the pic of a soldier that came home from war and committed suicide; 22/day. It is so sad. When I see him print out their pics to laminate to take with him, it breaks my heart. I don't understand why this is happening. Also, he has framed every one of them, and they hang on the wall in his office. Plus, he has correspondence with the families, and sends them the medal/keepsake from every race with a personal letter. He is a proud Marine, and does what he can. Why do so many come home and kill themselves? I don't understand what is going on. And, even more ironic, is the man my dot married only sibling was a Marine who killled himself 20 years ago. God bless all who have served our country with their life; whether on the battlefield, or through PTSD. Sad patriot. :patriot:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sorry, rmorse, but Bennington taking his life is not sad.

If anyone wants a link to running for the fallen brave patriots like my hub does, please PM me. Or, I will ask hub what it is and post it here. :patriot:

Last edited:

rmorse

If anyone wants a link to running for the fallen brave patriots like my hub does, please PM me. Or, I will ask hub what it is and post it here. :patriot:

Are you serious or is this another 2 AM alcohol induced rant?

Sorry, but I was raised to think that anyone taking their life is sad. For you to say that him taking his life is not sad because your husband served this country and because other people have taken their lives after seeing horrors is literally heartless.

Bennington had his own demons and his own jacked up past. His songs helped literally thousands (if not millions) of people through hard times and it shows by the current outpouring.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Sorry, but I was raised to think that anyone taking their life is sad. For you to say that him taking his life is not sad because your husband served this country and because other people have taken their lives after seeing horrors is literally heartless.

Bennington had his own demons and his own jacked up past. His songs helped literally thousands (if not millions) of people through hard times and it shows by the current outpouring.

I agree. Never heard of him/his band/his music but it's always sad when somebody feels that ending their life is better than continuing on with it. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation. I work at a Police Department and a few years ago, an Officer took his own life because he couldn't get over seeing his friend and fellow Officer take his own life. He was struggling with the guy over the gun and lost. This Officer was found with a picture of his friend in his hand which is a clear sign that his friend's death played a part in him taking his own. This singer's suicide sounds very similar. Killed himself on his friend's birthday.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Great strategy on your part. Insult someone when replying to them. And, also, you proved you do not know me, and how could you on an anon forum? Have a great day! :smile:

rmorse

Great strategy on your part. Insult someone when replying to them. And, also, you proved you do not know me, and how could you on an anon forum? Have a great day! :smile:

It was a genuine question and I was giving you an out. I can understand saying something like what you said if you weren't sober. I can not understand turning someone's suicide into an opportunity to praise your husbands achievements and belittle someone for taking their life. Like I said, it was/is incredibly heartless.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was a genuine question and I was giving you an out. I can understand saying something like what you said if you weren't sober. I can not understand turning someone's suicide into an opportunity to praise your husbands achievements and belittle someone for taking their life. Like I said, it was/is incredibly heartless.

:yay:

SoMDGirl42

I don't listen to his music, but damn, I have a little compassion for the guy after reading about him. That was pretty heartless of her, but it is ALWAYS about her. I did read he was the father of 6. Very, very sad for his family and friends he leaves behind. I even listened to a few of his songs when I heard about the news. He had a pretty voice.

ReadingTheNews

I read this thread, and I don't understand why anyone cares about this guy. My reason for saying that is that my hub is an ultra runner. I know, I know that y'all already know that. BUT, the reason I am posting is because every time my hub runs in a race, he wears the pic of a soldier that came home from war and committed suicide; 22/day. It is so sad. When I see him print out their pics to laminate to take with him, it breaks my heart. I don't understand why this is happening. Also, he has framed every one of them, and they hang on the wall in his office. Plus, he has correspondence with the families, and sends them the medal/keepsake from every race with a personal letter. He is a proud Marine, and does what he can. Why do so many come home and kill themselves? I don't understand what is going on. And, even more ironic, is the man my dot married only sibling was a Marine who killled himself 20 years ago. God bless all who have served our country with their life; whether on the battlefield, or through PTSD. Sad patriot. :patriot:

I read this and don't - and will never - understand why anyone would care about you, you neck-bearded mouth-breather! Why don't you kill yourself and let's see how many people mourn your loss?!?

Hank

my war

Congrats!! You've hit a new low...

mitzi

I have to agree. Anyone in that much despair to end their own life, is sad. It doesn't matter who it is. Vet, Entertainer, Joe Blow down the street. Anyone who is that much mental pain, it is SAD.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I stand by what I posted here. Opinions, and all. I wish this kind of attention was/is given to soldiers that kill themselves because of war. Sadly, that is not the case. An alternative rock guy, and a patriot that was willing to give up his life for his country are not equal, at all. As I said, previously, a military member in my new extended family committed suicide. Y'all go on with your bashing, bad selves, if it makes y'all feel better. Why would I be sad about some band guy that had a top selling album, and was on top of the world? He had it made, and didn't appreciate it. Obviously, y'all don't get. That's ok.

And, yeah, I am serious.

Last edited:

PJay

I stand by what I posted here. Opinions, and all. I wish this kind of attention was/is given to soldiers that kill themselves because of war. Sadly, that is not the case. An alternative rock guy, and a patriot that was willing to give up his life for his country are not equal, at all. As I said, previously, a military member in my new extended family committed suicide at the age of 25. Y'all go on with your bashing, bad selves, if it makes y'all feel better. Why would I be sad about some band guy that had a top selling album, and was on top of the world? He had it made, and didn't appreciate it. Obviously, y'all don't get.

That's ok. Nite, nite.

I get it! If one of your children decides to blow their brains out you will feel no sorrow! How'd I do, Miss Mean Machine....?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I get it! If one of your children decides to blow their brains out you will feel no sorrow! How'd I do, Miss Mean Machine....?

You missed my point, completely; as others on here. And, I would be careful about calling someone a mean machine. Hang them high and all that...your words.

Last edited:

PJay

Not very well. You missed my point, as others on here. And, I would be careful about calling someone a mean machine. Hang them high...your words. Just sayin'.

Yeah, that's what they use to do in the old days to the bad guys. You should remember..how old are you now 60 something? Sure do not act like a grandmother. Did you read about this fella that hung himself..he was on drugs for a time. Does it make you think about your "addict" son..and that he may do they same one day?