Teens laugh at drowning man, don't call 4 help

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Police and prosecutors say little can be done legally after the revelation that a group of teens filmed the dying moments of a 32-year-old disabled man last week, with the teens mocking, cursing and laughing while the man drowned in a fenced-off pond.

The clip depicts the unidentified teens — ages 14 to 16 — off-camera, laughing as the man screamed off in the distance for help before going under in the murky water just after noon July 9 off Plaza Parkway. There were no calls to 911 from the teens.

Instead, police later found the badly decomposed body of the man — identified as Jamel Dunn — July 12.

Police also added that there appeared to be little remorse from the teens. On the video, the teens refer to the possibility of an alligator being in the pond and can be heard shouting to Dunn as he splashed in the water.
“Get out the water, you gonna die” one teen shouted. Another yelled at Dunn, saying, “ain’t nobody fixing to help you, you dumb (expletive).”
Seconds later, Dunn could be heard yelling. Then his head disappeared beneath the water one last time.
“Oh, he just died,” another teen says before laughter ensues. The teens then left the park without telling authorities.

swiring the drain

His sister is selling memorial shirts on her facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/simone.t.scott

littlelady

God bless the USA
I couldn't bring myself to watch the video; just read the article. Such sad, sad stories these days. As wr would say, 'I hate people'. Which I always found funny because all of us are people, too, but I, definitely, get what she is saying.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Posted on her FB page:
"I don't think the lads really understood what they were seeing. Likely it had all of the impact of a TV crime drama where someone's life is threatened, ...and then there is a commercial, with singing, and it all goes away. They expected it to go away. Plus they were 'high' and desperately needed to feel good about something, as in; 'he's in trouble and I am not, let's watch'"

Lads? really? This post is almost as sickening as the thugs that watched the guy drown!