Gay Tolerance This Was Inevitable

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gay activist says it’s time to target Christians: Time to ‘punish the wicked’

Tim Gill, tech millionaire and extremely liberal LGBTQ activist, spoke with Rolling Stone in a June interview, and called for the punishment of Christians who refuse to take part in same-sex weddings.

In the interview, the 63-year-old Colorado resident — who’s funneled over $400 million into pro-LGBT social reform causes over the last 20 years — claimed that it’s time to “punish the wicked,” in his opinion.

[clip]

For Gill’s part, however, it seemed clear that the Supreme Court ruling wasn’t enough — he wanted to go hard at those persecuted for their own beliefs, such as those who would refuse to bake cakes for same-sex weddings, or at churches who refused to officiate same-sex ceremonies.

During the interview, Gill maintained his position that he will do everything in his power and with his resources to further strike down the personal or religious opposition to same-sex unions until the day he dies.

In 2016, Gill set up a foundation known as the Gill Foundation, which aims to “advance equality for LGBT Americans further, faster.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it were for the media salivating over these people and handing them a microphone, we would never know they exist. That's how fringe they are.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would not call someone spending $ 400 million Fringe

He's a militant nutter, therefore fringe. Doesn't matter how much money he has, his opinions are still in the extreme minority not only for the country, but for gays. That's the definition of "fringe".

Hijinx

How come this fool with money believes he has a right to tell me what to believe.?
I tolerate homosexuals, I don't care what they do with their scat buddies.

But he doesn't have a right to say I have to accept it socially, morally, or any other way.

#### him and the horse he rode in on.

This_person

How come this fool with money believes he has a right to tell me what to believe.?

But he doesn't have a right to say I have to accept it socially, morally, or any other way.

Because the left, for all of their hatred of religion, treat government as a religion. In doing so, they create religious zealots, like any other religion. This fool with money is like every other rich religious zealot - just wanting the world to be exactly as they want it, without choice for others.

PsyOps

Pixelated

You're so yesterday. Liberty is no longer each of us pursuing our own happiness; liberty is forcing those who have adhered to more traditional lifestyles, to not only tolerate non-traditional lifestyles, but to patronize them. If you don't comply, you will be punished. Oh, and that tolerance thing? One-way street.

Looks suspiciously like fascism doesn't it?

This_person

You're so yesterday. Liberty is no longer each of us pursuing our own happiness; liberty is forcing those who have adhered to more traditional lifestyles, to not only tolerate non-traditional lifestyles, but to patronize them. If you don't comply, you will be punished. Oh, and that tolerance thing? One-way street.

Looks suspiciously like fascism doesn't it?

Tolerance is intolerable. It must be full and total acceptance, to the point of participation :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
He's not telling you what to believe.

You're right; no one can tell me what to believe. Gill intends to force us to act against my beliefs. They don't give a damn whether you actually change your mind or heart; they just want your compliance. And this will be achieved though force.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tolerance is intolerable. It must be full and total acceptance, to the point of participation :yay:

They can't force you to accept them, they can only force you to act against your beliefs. This stands starkly in contrast to 'tolerance'. Nothing can me more intolerant than to force someone, who is exercising their religious liberties, to act against those beliefs.

This_person

They can't force you to accept them, they can only force you to act against your beliefs. This stands starkly in contrast to 'tolerance'. Nothing can me more intolerant than to force someone, who is exercising their religious liberties, to act against those beliefs.

As Sappy explained, you are too selfish and stupid to know how to act correctly. You must follow others' beliefs.

SamSpade

This will always ultimately fail. I learned this when in that cult - you can get people to go along - they might even agree because they like the people or have a crush on some girl - but you can't MAKE them change their mind.

The phrase I learned was "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".
You have NOT won them over - and you may have permanently set them against you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They can't force you to accept them, they can only force you to act against your beliefs.

No, they can't. They can impose penalties if you defy the law while standing up for your beliefs, but they cannot force you to act or believe.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They can impose penalties if you defy the law while standing up for your beliefs, but they cannot force you to act or believe.

to some extent yes they can,

they can slap you with a fine so large you go bankrupt,
you no longer bake wedding cakes rather than chance a lawsuit or fines from the government

you may still believe, but how you act can be modified through punishment

some of these jurisdictions my even apply jail time in the future, but for now IN American this is still a civil offense not a criminal one
[Canada will however send you to jail if you speak out against gays and muslims - its hate speech to disagree]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
to some extent yes they can,

they can slap you with a fine so large you go bankrupt,
you no longer bake wedding cakes rather than chance a lawsuit or fines from the government

you may still believe, but how you act can be modified through punishment

some of these jurisdictions my even apply jail time in the future, but for now IN American this is still a civil offense not a criminal one
[Canada will however send you to jail if you speak out against gays and muslims - its hate speech to disagree]

Well, then you have to decide how faithful you really are. Is your faith enough to not participate, even peripherally, in a "sinful" ceremony, but not enough to believe that the Lord will provide? There have been many religious groups throughout history who were persecuted for their beliefs. Getting a fine isn't really along the same lines as having your first born son killed.

Which is not to say I agree with the government and their heavy handed tactics, not to mention religious cherrypicking, but let's get real. God has tossed out challenges to His believers since Eve ate the apple. Some stepped up; others caved to pressure. If God commanded you to sacrifice your son as a burnt offering, would you do it? How faithful are you, in reality?