It Was...

images.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hit us twice...both with plenty of rain and lightening.

Glad it waited; we had our annual island crab feast yesterday. It was hot but had a nice from he west to help a lot.

Hit us twice...both with plenty of rain and lightening.

Glad it waited; we had our annual island crab feast yesterday. It was hot but had a nice from he west to help a lot.

Still hungover, buddy?

It stormed on and off for hours here. You'd think it was over, then ...hello!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I didn't have to add quarters to the bed; it vibrated half the night from Dexter the dog. Despite the calming treats he was given, the storm was so close, he wouldn't settle down.

luvmygdaughters

I didn't have to add quarters to the bed; it vibrated half the night from Dexter the dog. Despite the calming treats he was given, the storm was so close, he wouldn't settle down.

Calming Treats?? Is that a real thing? My poor dog hates thunderstorms. At the first boom of thunder she runs into the bathroom and shuts the door. She shakes so bad, the whole house feels likes its vibrating.

Calming Treats?? Is that a real thing? My poor dog hates thunderstorms. At the first boom of thunder she runs into the bathroom and shuts the door. She shakes so bad, the whole house feels likes its vibrating.
I've heard several say they've had luck with thunder jackets.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

I wonder if turkey and a benadryl would work? :snooze:

frequentflier

happy to be living
The feedback I have gotten about the thundershirts is that they seem to work 50% of the time. The directions instruct to get the dog used to them before a stressful situation; which may be the problem with many people that don't get good results. I bought one for Dexter and it works great when he is with my petsitter because all of her dogs wear them but here at home, the calming treats work better on him.

My store carries many different brands of calming treats. Active ingredients in some include thiamine, valerian, L-tryptophan, st johns wort, chamomile and so on. We have to use them when it storms on our store cat, Shy-Anne. And my dog, Dexter. They are not drugs per se but a more natural way to take the edge off and calm the animals down. Many people use them for dogs with anxiety issues as well as for pets that don't travel well.