Trump rally made USA 4 trillion richer in six months.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm glad his "rally" is continuing the trend that was already occurring during the previous administration.

Well, since you're spreading the credit around pretty loosely, why not put some blame on the Obama admin for the Russia hacking bit? I mean, it did happen during his tenure.

SamSpade

Well, since you're spreading the credit around pretty loosely, why not put some blame on the Obama admin for the Russia hacking bit? I mean, it did happen during his tenure.

Because - he knew about it.
It only became an issue when Hillary did NOT win.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Because - he knew about it.
It only became an issue when Hillary did NOT win.

The one thing I can give democrats kudos on is taking that whole thing and spinning it into collusion by the Trump people. They've done this so well they managed to get the GOP on board and tie up business in our congress for months. It really makes me want to become a democrat just because I want to be on a team that knows how establish a narrative - albeit a pack of lies, but still very successful at it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm glad his "rally" is continuing the trend that was already occurring during the previous administration.
12 month performance.png

Seems this rally didn't start until AFTER Trump was elected..

Trumps impact on the market was instant.. and just the knowledge he was coming and NOT Hillary had an absolute effect on the market.. as the market is emotional, all things being equal.. you cannot point to ONE thing Obama did that would have impacted the market from the election to today.

In fact upon a closer look.. we can see that while the polls were all telling us Hillary was going to win, and we were looking at 4 more years of democratic rule, the markets were taking a dive, imagine the bloodletting if she had actually won.

The day Trump won, the markets took off like a shot!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
View attachment 119401

Trumps impact on the market was instant.. and just the knowledge he was coming and NOT Hillary had an absolute effect on the market.. as the market is emotional, all things being equal.. you cannot point to ONE thing Obama did that would have impacted the market from the election to today.

In fact upon a closer look.. we can see that while the polls were all telling us Hillary was going to win, and we were looking at 4 more years of democratic rule, the markets were taking a dive, imagine the bloodletting if she had actually won.

Don't confuse Awpit with facts. It just befuddles him. It's not the talking points he's been fed. I just know in my little portfolio of goodies, there is a lot more of them and they got here faster than anytime under Obama.

If you don't have them you can't see them grow.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Not to be a doubter, but unless you SOLD, you got nothing....

Yup. Unless you cashed in, you ain't richer except on paper, and that can fizzle away in a matter of minutes. Still, a rising market is good, good, good.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yup. Unless you cashed in, you ain't richer except on paper, and that can fizzle away in a matter of minutes. Still, a rising market is good, good, good.

So tell us what to do genius. American Dollar, just paper, Gold, just metal, bonds, wishful thinking..............what else besides equities and real estate and you have to eat.

awpitt

Main Streeter
View attachment 119401

Not knowing your source, I can only say that DJIA finished 148.3% higher on Obama's last day in office then it was on his first day in office. So far, the DJIA has grown 8.3% since Trump took the helm, which is pretty good. But this notion that Trump somehow saved the markets by being elected is nonsense. Especially since the markets were already growing prior to his even announcing that he was running.

DJIA-Trump2.jpg

Attachments

• DJIA-Obama.jpg
    DJIA-Obama.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 131

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Not knowing your source, I can only say that DJIA finished 148.3% higher on Obama's last day in office then it was on his first day in office. So far, the DJIA has grown 8.3% since Trump took the helm, which is pretty good. But this notion that Trump somehow saved the markets by being elected is nonsense. Especially since the markets were already growing prior to his even announcing that he was running.

View attachment 119412

No where in the OP does it state that, it just states the Trump bump added 7.4 Billion dollars to the personal wealth of the USA mainly because businesses trust him to do the right thing for business.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Don't confuse Awpit with facts. It just befuddles him. It's not the talking points he's been fed. I just know in my little portfolio of goodies, there is a lot more of them and they got here faster than anytime under Obama.

If you don't have them you can't see them grow.

I don't get fed as some other do. I research the facts.