Thread: The Navy Gets Its First Female SEAL Candidate

The Navy Gets Its First Female SEAL Candidate

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...seal-candidate

The Navy says it has its first female candidates for two elite special operations jobs previously closed to women including a prospective SEAL.

One woman is in the pipeline to be a SEAL officer, and another is on the path to becoming a special warfare combatant crewman. The news was first reported by Military.com, an independent website. The Navy declined to identify the candidates, citing security considerations.
    Every little thing, you think that you need. Every little thing that's just feeding your greed. Oh, I bet that you'd be fine without it...

Is it news because they are a candidate, or are they expected to get through BUDS training? I thought the washout rate was >90% (though who knows, could just be bravado from the guys I have talked with). Seems unlikely, just based on the odds, that they would make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Is it news because they are a candidate, or are they expected to get through BUDS training? I thought the washout rate was >90% (though who knows, could just be bravado from the guys I have talked with). Seems unlikely, just based on the odds, that they would make it through.

Yep, odds are against them like they are with any candidate. And like the two that were the first through Ranger school who washed out, no dishonor there. Eventually, we will have female SEALs, it's just gonna take the time to find the women who can make the mental and physical grade. They exist, it's just a matter of time until the ones who can apply.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Why not just let one of the boys decide he identifies as a girl and get to be the first female Seal? The first real female Seal will probably happen the day after they stop testing for testosterone or anabolic steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    Why not just let one of the boys decide he identifies as a girl and get to be the first female Seal? The first real female Seal will probably happen the day after they stop testing for testosterone or anabolic steroids.
    Well, isn't a male to female trans person a high school female wrestling champ in Texas?
    "I aim to misbehave."

You'd go to jail for this gemma_rae's Avatar
    OMG, there they are!

Name:  Navy-SEALS-95873[1].jpg
Views: 141
Size:  54.8 KB
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Yep, odds are against them like they are with any candidate. And like the two that were the first through Ranger school who washed out, no dishonor there. Eventually, we will have female SEALs, it's just gonna take the time to find the women who can make the mental and physical grade. They exist, it's just a matter of time until the ones who can apply.
    It just takes time to change the requirements and make special requirements and standards for females to meet.

As it is, they don't even have to meet the same PT standards. Don't have to run as fast.. do as many push-ups.. etc..
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma_rae View Post
    OMG, there they are!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    http://people.com/celebrity/female-r...t-sources-say/

The female graduates failed Darby/ RAP TWICE?? Can't think of many male soldiers (like ZERO) that are recycled through RAP for anything other than injuries. I'm sure the third time the word was given.. They WILL pass!!
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

10. 07-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Members who have read this thread: 48