Step Aside or You Are Racist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"When white women are in my path, they almost always continue straight, forcing me to one side without changing their course," he complains. "This happens several times a day; and a couple of times a week, white women force me off the sidewalk completely. In these instances, when I'm standing in the street or in the dirt as a white woman strides past, broad-shouldered and blissful, I turn furious."

Howard boils down the reason for such alleged encounters to white women's racism, suggesting the women are stereotyping black men as "dangerous" and thus refusing to move as to not show "fear" and welcome harm. He also suggests white women are incapable of seeing black men at all.

"After these encounters, I’m always left with questions. Why only and specifically white women? Do they refuse to acknowledge me because they’ve been taught that they should fear black men, and that any acknowledgment of black men can invite danger? Do they refuse to acknowledge me because to alter their route would be to show their fear? Do they not see me? Can they not see me?"

New York Times Reporter Says White Women On Sidewalks Are Racist

go through life looking for offenses ..... I am sure you can find them daily

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So...if they stay they're racist, if the cross the street, they're racist. Why doesn't he just say if you're white and on a sidewalk.....you're racists

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 331

Clem72

I think this guy is attributing to racism what is more easily explained by general aloofness.

I have always found that the most inconsiderate or ignorant of the basic rules of sharing a walking path end up being women. Not sure why. Is the walkway intended for two way traffic and barely wide enough for two people to cross paths? Better walk three abreast so no one feels left out of the conversation while we charge down the aisle. Slow traffic keep to the right? Never, I take my half out of the middle. Head nod to the other person to signal that I see them and acknowledge that one or both of us needs to adjust to keep from running into each other? Nope, I ignore you and run you off the path.

Clem72

Then you admit this guy is full of ####.

Of course he is. But as I pointed out earlier in the thread, not because he isn't being forced of the sidewalk. I just think lots of women (white or otherwise) tend to be inconsiderate when walking in public.

This_person

I think this guy is attributing to racism what is more easily explained by general aloofness.

I have always found that the most inconsiderate or ignorant of the basic rules of sharing a walking path end up being women. Not sure why. Is the walkway intended for two way traffic and barely wide enough for two people to cross paths? Better walk three abreast so no one feels left out of the conversation while we charge down the aisle. Slow traffic keep to the right? Never, I take my half out of the middle. Head nod to the other person to signal that I see them and acknowledge that one or both of us needs to adjust to keep from running into each other? Nope, I ignore you and run you off the path.

Not to sound sexist, but :yeahthat:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I just think lots of women (white or otherwise) tend to be inconsiderate when walking in public.

:yay:

he only sees color because of his own racist tendencies - he is projecting

and yeah a PG County black chick will run you over if you don't move

SamSpade

Whenever I am out in a crowd - people do this all the time. Walk straight at me. I wait until they get close - and I stop and look around.
I look at my phone, fumble for my keys - I am not going to play chicken but I won't let ignorant people do that.
Most of the time, it's not because they are being condescending - it's because they are so used to doing it they don't even notice.

I'm white. It's not a racist thing. People walk AT me all the time. I just don't let them do it.

At work, I'll be talking to someone - and other people will come by and interrupt. If they're a nitwit, they will allow EVERYONE to interrupt.
After a moment - I walk away and give a nod to say, "later". If I'm not important enough to tell the other person to wait - they aren't worth my talking to them.

If I am talking to someone in a social setting and I clearly don't have their attention so that their responses or reactions show - they are not at all paying attention -
I leave. Life is too short.

It's not racist. Lots of white people do this because - there are more of them. Go to China - they'll do it to you too.
Go to Africa - they'll do it there. It's not because people are racist, it's because they're #######s.

And if you think they're doing it on PURPOSE to put you down, you're an ####### too.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Didn't anyone explain to Midnight that women don't move out of the way because it makes their ankles look fat?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and yeah a PG County black chick will run you over if you don't move

Not just in PG County, but the US in general, at least the parts I've been to. Oh, and Asian women? Yeah, they act like they own the place and are incredibly rude in pretty much every encounter. With the exception of the Japanese, when it comes to outright rudeness and sense of entitlement, Asian women are the hands down winners.

Regarding the OP, so let me make sure I understand:

If a white woman refuses to give way, she's racist.
If she does give way, she's trying to avoid contact, and therefore racist.

Is that about right?

I'm pretty worn out with immature ramblings disguised as "journalism".

PeoplesElbow

I hate when people do stuff like that, especially bad is Walmart. People will walk right into me, I happen to be 6'4" almost 300 lbs, so I throw a shoulder into them when they do. I also stare them down and just keep walking at them to make them as uncomfortable as possible, doesn't hurt that Ive been told I look like an axe murderer when I don't shave.

This #### seemed to start when I was in college in the 90's the skateboard punk high school kids would ride three across the sidewalk and expect you to move, I knocked two off their boards at once.