Maryland House Minority Leader Injured In Pit Bull Attack

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well that cannot be possible. Everybody knows that only chihuahuas and yorkies attack people and bite them. Also, there's no such thing as pitbulls, except the loving gentle kind.

:coffee:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Well that cannot be possible. Everybody knows that only chihuahuas and yorkies attack people and bite them. Also, there's no such thing as pitbulls, except the loving gentle kind.

:coffee:

Says every pit bull owner just before it rips the face off a three year old.

Are these the type comments you're referring to Clem?

hotbikermama40

Says every pit bull owner just before it rips the face off a three year old.

Not EVERY pit bull owner...those of us who are responsible owners of pits know exactly what they are capable of if threatened, provoked, etc. The dog being out unleashed is unacceptable. Without question, he's already been put down or will be soon. I just hope they are able to find his/her owner and charge them - though that would bear more significance if they could charge them with the crime they actually committed: negligent attempted manslaughter, or assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.

seven

Not EVERY pit bull owner...those of us who are responsible owners of pits know exactly what they are capable of if threatened, provoked, etc. The dog being out unleashed is unacceptable. Without question, he's already been put down or will be soon. I just hope they are able to find his/her owner and charge them - though that would bear more significance if they could charge them with the crime they actually committed: negligent attempted manslaughter, or assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.

Hard to be responsible with a ticking time bomb at your side. Just sayin'.

hotbikermama40

Yes they are........tick....tick....tick....tick.........

Dogs do not react without warning and pitties are no exception. Just like every other dog out there, they communicate with body language. And the fact that they are pitties does not exclude them from having their own temperaments and personalities. In fact, pit bulls consistently score higher than the average in temperament testing for all of the breeds. The ONLY breed to test out more 'tolerant' than a pit is the Golden* Retriever.
So when I'm shown an erratic, insecure and 'dangerous' pit, I'm looking for the owner that needs to be put down.

*wanted to correct that, regarding ATTS testing

Last edited:

Midnightrider

There it is, the excuse. Must have been provoked or threatened. Like a true brain dead pit owner. I am sure that poodle and 2 1/2 year were really terrorizing that dog :bigwhoop:

I agree the owners should be charged, but let's not pretend a pit needs to be pushed into biting.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that it was in its nature to do so.

Though the fable is recent, its outlook that certain natures cannot be reformed was common in ancient times, as in Aesop's fable of The Farmer and the Viper. Here the snake's reply indicates that what is fundamentally vicious will not change.[1]

PJay

Hard to be responsible with a ticking time bomb at your side. Just sayin'.

Pit Bulls aside...I have lost count the times when walking my dog when a big dog is able to jerk away from their owner and come charging at us. They all say the same "he won't hurt you, he just wants to play." while my little girl and I are seeing teeth. I am left dealing with a terrified dog climbing to get on top of my head. I just want to punch these owners in the face.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Pitbulls aside...I have lost count the times when walking my dog when a big dog is able to jerk away from their owner and come charging at us. They all say the same "he won't hurt you, he just wants to play." while my little girl and me are seeing teeth. I am left dealing with a terrified dog climbing to get on top of my head. I just want to punch these owners in the face.

I was out riding my bike one day, this dog comes running after me, it is obvious that it did just want to play. The owner yells she wont bite you, dog ran right in front of my bike tire and I broke its leg, wrecked and tore some skin off my elbows and hands. Owner thought I was worried about being bitten, from that dog I would have rather been bitten. i made the smart ass comment that Im glad she didn't bite.....

hotbikermama40

There it is, the excuse. Must have been provoked or threatened. Like a true brain dead pit owner. I am sure that poodle and 2 1/2 year were really terrorizing that dog :bigwhoop:

I agree the owners should be charged, but let's not pretend a pit needs to be pushed into biting.

I'm not 'excusing' the pit bull, a$$hat - he/she should not have been out off of a leash for which there is NO excuse for the owner. The family and their dog did nothing wrong aside from walking into what he may have deemed his territory, which is due to him having free reign, and also on the owner. And if this particular pit was unfortunate to have been raised as a fighting dog, the he/she wouldn't need to be pushed into biting; the attack would have been its trained response.
Remember, too, that dogs don't know other breeds as different from their own. It wouldn't have mattered if their dog was a poodle, a great dane or a mastiff. It was another dog.

hotbikermama40

Here the snake's (scorpion's?) reply indicates that what is fundamentally vicious will not change.[1]

This is true...for a scorpion. Or even a snake, for that matter.

Pitbull breeds are inherently lovers of people, however. Historically, people would leave their children in the care of a pittie or two. Then times changed, and gangs were using them to guard their territories and before too long, they were training, and breeding them to be fighting dogs.

Hector, who was a pit pulled from Michael Vick's dog-fighting bust is now a therapy dog. He could only be so by having a fundamental gentleness and loving temperament that had, temporarily, been beat down in him.

hotbikermama40

Pit bulls aside...I have lost count the times when walking my dog when a big dog is able to jerk away from their owner and come charging at us. They all say the same "he won't hurt you, he just wants to play." while my little girl and me are seeing teeth. I am left dealing with a terrified dog climbing to get on top of my head. I just want to punch these owners in the face.

Absolutely. The same goes for when my hubby and I are leaving or returning to our neighborhood on our motorcycles and some dog or another comes running out in front of us, or trying to, barking their fool heads off. I'm terrified of hitting one at some point.

seven

Pitbull breeds are inherently lovers of people, however. Historically, people would leave their children in the care of a pittie or two. Then times changed, and gangs were using them to guard their territories and before too long, they were training, and breeding them to be fighting dogs.

:killingme