5 Democrats Who Now Admit They Want Single-Payer Health Care

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As the Republicans continue to hit themselves with a frying pan by only choosing to trim Obamacare instead of repealing it, the Democrats are moving further to the left by embracing single-payer health care.

On Sunday, Democratic leader Sen. Chuck Schumer told ABC's George Stephanopoulous that "single-payer is one of" the possible policies the Democrats are considering for health care.

"Many things are on the table," Schumer said. "Medicare for people above 55 is on the table. A buy-in to Medicare is on the table. Buy-in to Medicaid is on the table. On the broader issues, we will start examining them once we stabilize the [health care] system."

Here are five Democrats who now admit they want single-payer.

1. Al Gore.

Gore said at a Manhattan Community College event on Tuesday, "The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all. I believe we ought to have single-payer health care."

The Huffington Post notes that Gore didn't support single-payer when he ran for president in 2000, but he decided to "reluctantly" support it in 2002.

2. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY).
3. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).
Warren openly admitted to The Wall Street Journal in June that Obamacare is the starting point for single-payer.

"President Obama tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts," Warren said. "Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single-payer."

Warren has previously stated that single-payer is not politically palpable. She clearly now feels that it is.

4. Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI).
5. Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ).

Midnightrider

As the Republicans continue to hit themselves with a frying pan by only choosing to trim Obamacare instead of repealing it, the Democrats are moving further to the left by embracing single-payer health care.

On Sunday, Democratic leader Sen. Chuck Schumer told ABC's George Stephanopoulous that "single-payer is one of" the possible policies the Democrats are considering for health care.

"Many things are on the table," Schumer said. "Medicare for people above 55 is on the table. A buy-in to Medicare is on the table. Buy-in to Medicaid is on the table. On the broader issues, we will start examining them once we stabilize the [health care] system."

Here are five Democrats who now admit they want single-payer.

1. Al Gore.

Gore said at a Manhattan Community College event on Tuesday, "The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all. I believe we ought to have single-payer health care."

The Huffington Post notes that Gore didn't support single-payer when he ran for president in 2000, but he decided to "reluctantly" support it in 2002.

2. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY).
3. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).
Warren openly admitted to The Wall Street Journal in June that Obamacare is the starting point for single-payer.

"President Obama tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts," Warren said. "Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single-payer."

Warren has previously stated that single-payer is not politically palpable. She clearly now feels that it is.

4. Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI).
5. Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ).

6. CIC Donald J Trump

Hijinx

Al Gore can bet on one thing---we are sure to have single payer long before the earth burns up from too much CO2.

Single payer has been the goal from the start. Obamacare was meant to lead us into it.
We cannot afford single payer, any more than we can afford Obamacare, but IMO it's coming.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
<---- Chopped liver.

It's amazing how Breitbart is BS, until it says something that might be in your favor. MR .....read the whole link before you make a comment. It just makes you look stupid.
I did and I'm sure Gurps did........

Midnightrider

It's amazing how Breitbart is BS, until it says something that might be in your favor. MR .....read the whole link before you make a comment. It just makes you look stupid.
I did and I'm sure Gurps did........

I read the whole thing, including where they quote trump himself saying he wants a single payer system.
What part do you think I missed?

Btw, that interview was on 60 minutes and widely reported on the net. That's why I told your wonder tard twin to google it. :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
It is so beyond sad that so many gave their lives to become, and remain free of tyranny; not to mention the ones that came home alive, and then committed suicide. Now, we are back to square one. I hope all that gave all did not die in vain. It is truly sad to see what is happening to the US. :patriot:

Last edited: