Thread: Solar Panels

Solar Panels

smeco.wattplan.com

Just went on to SMECO's solar panel website. Looks like it would not save us enough to be worth it (would save $27 per month if we did a 20 year lease)
    Its a shame youth is wasted on young people

Did the math on my house a year ago. Despite a excellent Southern oriented unobstructed roof line, my savings weren't near your projected amount. Not worth it. Not only that, the batteries have to be replaced very 5/7 years. They won't charge/discharge forever. Same problem with all those electric car proponents. Them batteries ARE expensive.

I heard firefighters hate those solar panels because of their obstruction to fighting a house fire. Like to hear an opinion from one.

Blog Entries
    Batteries? Huh?

Solar City and leasing panels is not the best way to go.. for some its an only option, but the leasing company makes a fortune while you save about $25 a month, and you lease based on 100% of the solar cost. NO rebates after spending 3 times (or much more) the cost of the panels over the 20 year lease.

We found our only viable option was to buy the panels outright.. giving us 30% cash back at the end of the year.

Our break even is 8 years, and we've had negative electric nills all summer (installed in December)

Leases and "no money down" and Solar Programs for Veterans .. make the solar companies a LOT of money and none of that profit is passed to you.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 46