Lesbian Couple Turned Away From Bridal Boutique

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lesbian Couple Turned Away From Bridal Boutique; Shop Gets One Star Ratings And Death Threats

On July 8, Shannon Kennedy and Julie Ann Samanas went to W.W. Bridal Boutique in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, to buy a wedding dress. When filling out the requisite form, they crossed out “groom,” and replaced it with “bride.”

After a female employee saw the form, Kennedy recalls the woman saying: “I don’t know if you’ve heard, but we’re Christian and we don’t believe in that; our faith doesn’t let us believe in that.”

The couple left “in shock,” according to Philadelphia Gay News (PGN). That same day, Samanas posted a note to her Facebook page:

I'll gladly take my money some where else, when a business won't allow you to try on wedding dresses simply because you're gay. Join me in 2017 #discrimnationisnotcool #WWbridalbloomsburg they removed the option to tag in to the shop, WW Bridal.

[clip]

Not unexpectedly, that's not exactly what happened. We cannot know who is telling the truth. We cannot know if the couple targeted the boutique because of the owners' faith. We cannot read the hearts and minds of others. We can only know what we are told, and in this case, the stories are contradictory.

Here's what we do know — we are living in a time in which Christians business owners are being persecuted for their religious beliefs. If a baker won’t bake a cake for a same-sex wedding, he will be sued; if a florist won’t offer her services for a same-sex wedding, she will be sued; if a photographer won't photograph a same-sex wedding, he will be sued. The list goes on and on. Businesses having to close up shop under penalty of massive fines is becoming the norm.

:oldman:

ah yes the Progressives demand tolerance and acceptance, but cannot tolerate anything outside of their Groupthink

:

Last edited: