"USA Split on Trump Impeachment."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If there's anyone left in America who still thinks the national newspapers aren't partisan, they must have missed the front page of USA Today on July 24. The banner headline across the top read, "USA Split on Trump Impeachment." It took a poll attempting to figure out very publicly whether the voters want Trump impeached yet.

Reporters Susan Page and Emma Kinery proclaimed a dark omen in the results, which is why the newspaper asked the poll question. They said, "Just six months after his inauguration, Americans already are split down the middle, 42%-42%, over whether President Trump should be removed from office, a new USA TODAY/iMediaEthics Poll finds."

What's the impeachable offense? If a national poll were to emerge with a 42-42 tie over the belief that the moon is made of Swiss cheese, would the subsequent analysis focus on the concentration of moon matter or the irrationality of 42% of the American people?

It doesn't matter that the prospect for impeachment is zero with Republicans in control of Congress. "The results," they reported, "underscore how quickly political passions have become inflamed both for and against the outsider candidate who won last year's campaign in a surprise."

Translation: The media's passions have been inflamed because Trump surprised them by beating Hillary Clinton. The media, like the rest of the Democrats, have refused to accept the election results. They believe it's an illegitimate presidency.

It doesn't matter at all to them that recent polls show Clinton remains every bit as unpopular today as she was in November. It doesn't matter at all to them that Democrats can't win a special election and remain in the wilderness. President Trump must go.

http://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/l-brent-bozell-usa-todays-impeachment-push-poll/

Hijinx

This tells me that 42% of Americans are insane. Trumps has so far done exactly what he was elected to do.

Illegal immigration is way down, The EPA has been slowed to a crawl, Tpp is done, American interests are first for the first time in a long time.
In God We Trust is no longer a bitter phrase the Muslim President hated.

Rommey

The followup question to those respondents is "If the impeachment process is successful, who would be the next president?" I'm guessing it would be pure comedy in the variety of responses.

Clem72

? If a national poll were to emerge with a 42-42 tie over the belief that the moon is made of Swiss cheese, would the subsequent analysis focus on the concentration of moon matter or the irrationality of 42% of the American people?

Sounds perfectly logical. So how do you feel about teaching creationism in schools? The overwhelming majority of people believe and can point to evidence that the world is billions of years old, but there is some percentage of people that instead insist that the evidence is fake or a test from God or whatever. So we should ignore those people because they are just as wrong as the people who believe the mood is made of cheese, right?

Clem72

The followup question to those respondents is "If the impeachment process is successful, who would be the next president?" I'm guessing it would be pure comedy in the variety of responses.

I'm 80% sure that traditionally the next in line is the father of the head of the Small Business Administration. And his first executive order would be that new Navy warships must be named after whoever won the World Heavyweight Championship at the WrestleMania immediately previous to the ships commissioning.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The overwhelming majority of people believe and can point to evidence that the world is billions of years old .....

Age doesn't mean God did not great it ...... my understanding the flood was proved back in the 1970s

Clem72

Age doesn't mean God did not great it ...... my understanding the flood was proved back in the 1970s

I made no claim concerning God creating the earth (I'm neither here nor there on this one). Was just pointing out that your emphasis on facts and the need to allow for "debate" for certain topics can be extended to ones that some conservatives hold dear. Such as the earth being 6 thousand years old.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I made no claim concerning God creating the earth (I'm neither here nor there on this one). Was just pointing out that your emphasis on facts and the need to allow for "debate" for certain topics can be extended to ones that some conservatives hold dear. Such as the earth being 6 thousand years old.

:yay:

Wishbone

How much of the country is split on hanging every democrat by piano wire from an under construction skyscraper?