Repeal is dead

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have fully reached the point where I don't care if the GOP ever holds the majority again. 7 years of screaming they will repeal if given power again. Well, here we are. Go to hell GOP.

Here are the six Republican senators who flip-flopped on Obamacare repeal

Here are the names of those senators that flip-flopped on repeal:

Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
Dean Heller, R-Nev.
John McCain, R-Ariz.
Lisa Murkowski R-Alaska
Rob Portman, R-Ohio

Hijinx

I have fully reached the point where I don't care if the GOP ever holds the majority again. 7 years of screaming they will repeal if given power again. Well, here we are. Go to hell GOP.

Here are the six Republican senators who flip-flopped on Obamacare repeal

Here are the names of those senators that flip-flopped on repeal:

Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
Dean Heller, R-Nev.
John McCain, R-Ariz.
Lisa Murkowski R-Alaska
Rob Portman, R-Ohio

Surprised Collins and Graham aren't on the list.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Surprised Collins and Graham aren't on the list.

I think the reason why is, Collins and Graham didn't vote for the 'clean repeal' in 2015. These people in this list did vote for it. So there really is no excuse for these people to vote against it.

Hijinx

I think the reason why is, Collins and Graham didn't vote for the 'clean repeal' in 2015. These people in this list did vote for it. So there really is no excuse for these people to vote against it.

Probably the correct answer.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
These people in this list did vote for it. So there really is no excuse for these people to vote against it.

Sure there is, though admittedly petty. During the earlier vote they knew that Obama would veto it and that there was no way that Congress could override that veto, thus they were protected and could toe the party line without suffering any impact from their constituency. Now it is all about saving "their" jobs and to Hell with the impact Obamacare has on their state or the nation.

Grumpy

Sure there is, though admittedly petty. During the earlier vote they knew that Obama would veto it and that there was no way that Congress could override that veto, thus they were protected and could toe the party line without suffering any impact from their constituency. Now it is all about saving "their" jobs and to Hell with the impact Obamacare has on their state or the nation.

:yay: One of the many games swampfolks play.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I don't know about the others, but WV accepted the additional Medicaid monies from the Fed. Now they're hooked. Capito's just voting for what her constituents want.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:huggy: Come sit next to me. I have a fresh pot of coffee.

The GOP is pissed because Trump jumped the line. He's not one of them, he wasn't hand chosen by them, and he didn't wait his turn. Trump was chosen by *us* - the people of the United States - and that pisses them off. They aren't used to dealing with that. Little Marco was supposed to be President, someone they could control. And here comes Donald Trump, elbowing his way into the nomination, and then the office. I fully believe there are a good number of GOP swamp creatures who would have rather seen Hillary be president than Trump - she's one of them and knows how to play the game. They can wheel and deal with her. Trump is a wildcard and is pretty much exposing them for the lazy ####bags they are.

Chris0nllyn

Gotcha. So is the "skinny repeal" dead too?..not that I saw the point in it.

Hasn't come up yet, but will likely be defeated also per Rep. Meadows. Head of the Freedom Caucus.

The North Carolina Republican, who helms the bloc of House conservatives, told Bloomberg TV on Wednesday that the "skinny repeal" of Obamacare that Senate Republicans are considering can't be passed in the House.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/m...ealth-vote-by-early-september/article/2629723

:huggy: Come sit next to me. I have a fresh pot of coffee.

The GOP is pissed because Trump jumped the line. He's not one of them, he wasn't hand chosen by them, and he didn't wait his turn. Trump was chosen by *us* - the people of the United States - and that pisses them off. They aren't used to dealing with that. Little Marco was supposed to be President, someone they could control. And here comes Donald Trump, elbowing his way into the nomination, and then the office. I fully believe there are a good number of GOP swamp creatures who would have rather seen Hillary be president than Trump - she's one of them and knows how to play the game. They can wheel and deal with her. Trump is a wildcard and is pretty much exposing them for the lazy ####bags they are.
It's really obvious when you look at the actions of Mccain an other GOParkers who spend all of their efforts to assist the Dems in dethroning Trump so they can get Pence in the throne knowing that Pence must play their game if he wants to keep the title. Trump told us, his constituents, from the start that he doesn't owe anybody anything and because he never was a politician he was the ONLY ONE in the race that didn't have to play the political games. 7 months later and I still think he is our only hope. I like Pence but if for some reason Pence has to step in we are all doomed to the same political bullship powers and game players the have already proven time and time again they are all about keeping the power upper hand on the political front and not working on what is best for the country as a whole.