Tyvek Forever

GopherM

Darwin was right
I was back in SOMD in June for the first time in two years. Since I had lived in Spring Valley from '72-'97 I thought I'd do a drive through. There is a house on Spring Valley Dr. down toward the Pegg Rd. end that is covered in Tyvek (still). A couple of years before we moved I drove through there and it was covered in Tyvek way back then. What's the deal with that. How long has it been covered only with Tyvek and why hasn't the zoning board stepped in? I can't imagine what it would be like if you lived within a few house of the shack and wanted to sell your house.

Tyvek House.jpg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Growing up in town we had 1 eccentric home and 1 town over had the same thing. 1 of the homes had started to put a brick front on the home. Only got about 3 tiers in. There were pallets of bricks and scaffolding around the home. Every few months I'd go by and no progress. The other home was the bane of the neighbors. Always letters to the local newspaper about how someone needed to do something. The owner got letters from the town. He always said he'd get around to fixing up his sty. I heard the owner got hurt when he fell due to the rotten condition of the wood.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Growing up in town we had 1 eccentric home and 1 town over had the same thing.....

In our neighborhood, there is one house that brings to mind that song, 'One of these things just doesn't belong here.' The guy is a bit of an eccentric; I'm sure many of the other neighbors' opinion; the place is decked out like a warf.....a model of a lighthouse.....pier pilings, large tie-down ropes, oh, and a life preserver similar to this:

life preserver.jpg

Clem72

Seem to recall there was a house outside of Pax gate #3 that was only covered in Tyvek for years, until it eventually rotted/blew off. Now it's just bare wood. But they can afford 8 cars to park at the house at all times.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Not the worst I've seen. Must be a commercial fisherman's home. Seward, AK.
jer2 023.jpg