Step Up To The Plate, President Trump, On Obamacare Repeal

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Dear Mr. President,

You are the great deal maker. You are the one who will bring both sides together on this issue. We know that for sure because that is what you told us over and over again on the campaign trail, and that is a large part of what got you elected. Whether you like it or not, you, as president, are the ad hoc answer to this issue. You are the leader of your party, allegedly Republican. It is just one of the hats the President has always worn. If you cannot get your own "party" in line, then perhaps you are not the man for the job.

Live up to your image of the great negotiator, the master of the art of the deal. You have the bully pulpit, and the people (voters)that can force their representatives to act to get this done, in one form or another. Use that pulpit and, if necessary, bring down the hammer like those pesky Dems always seem to be able to do.

Just do what you were elected to do. Please. It's not just your future, it is mine as well.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

A voter that watches closely, and is still waiting for a reason to vote for you

Hijinx

Dear Mr. President,

You are the great deal maker. You are the one who will bring both sides together on this issue. We know that for sure because that is what you told us over and over again on the campaign trail, and that is a large part of what got you elected. Whether you like it or not, you, as president, are the ad hoc answer to this issue. You are the leader of your party, allegedly Republican. It is just one of the hats the President has always worn. If you cannot get your own "party" in line, then perhaps you are not the man for the job.

Live up to your image of the great negotiator, the master of the art of the deal. You have the bully pulpit, and the people (voters)that can force their representatives to act to get this done, in one form or another. Use that pulpit and, if necessary, bring down the hammer like those pesky Dems always seem to be able to do.

Just do what you were elected to do. Please. It's not just your future, it is mine as well.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

It isn't Trumps party. It belong to a-holes like McConnell, Ryan, McCain, Graham, Collins , MurCOWski and others who hate the man because he isn't one of them.

He got elected because he wasn't a part of the corrupt system, so we should not expect them to receive him with open arms.
What should be expected is that they work to make America great again, but that isn't happening.
They are too busy with their political circle jerk.

hotbikermama40

It isn't Trumps party. It belong to a-holes like McConnell, Ryan, McCain, Graham, Collins , MurCOWski and others who hate the man because he isn't one of them.

He got elected because he wasn't a part of the corrupt system, so we should not expect them to receive him with open arms.
What should be expected is that they work to make America great again, but that isn't happening.

:yeahthat:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I didn't know the President had control of the Legislative Branch of the Government..

Now that is an interesting and naive observation. For six frickin' years the Kenyan kept the Republican-dominated legislature from doing the People's will on Obamacare. In only one of those years did the Republican-dominated legislature send up a bill for the Kenyan's signature. And he vetoed it. This wasn't in 2011 when the Republicans took control of the legislature, it was 2015 after the Kenyan won re-election based primarily on his ability to control the Republican-dominated legislature.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Now that is an interesting and naive observation. For six frickin' years the Kenyan kept the Republican-dominated legislature from doing the People's will on Obamacare. In only one of those years did the Republican-dominated legislature send up a bill for the Kenyan's signature. And he vetoed it. This wasn't in 2011 when the Republicans took control of the legislature, it was 2015 after the Kenyan won re-election based primarily on his ability to control the Republican-dominated legislature.

Nice summary, and right on point.

black dog

Free America

The President has the power to veto, they knew that's what obama would do.
Now the Legislative Branch is just acting like petulant children, all that are acting out need to be voted out of office when there term is up.

Edit.. most on the hill have acted like petulant children for decades.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Bull. Trump ran under the "R" logo. He claims it as his party. It's up to him to get them in line. If he can't do it, then he needs to claim to be whatever he really is. The obama had no problem keeping his peeps in lock step. Trump cannot even keep his "party" in any kind of unison. As the great negotiator and master of the art of the deal, he should be able to come up with some compromises amongst the R's, right? Or is he just as full of crap in that aspect as he is in his now proven non-political management skills?

Check this out and relearn what I learned back in the early 60's about the responsibilities of the President:

http://teacher.scholastic.com/schol...y_plaza/reproducibles/images/informed_7_4.pdf

5. Head of political party. The President is head of his political party. He uses his influence to back party candidates, raise money for campaigns, and appoint party
officials.

"What should be expected is that they work to make America great again, but that isn't happening." It's up to the President to get them to make that happen. If he can't do it, if he can't influence his party legislators, well......

I'm still waiting for some kind of reason to look at him as a leader other than his tossing out a bone or two to appease certain portions of HIS party.

For the sake of anyone non-leftistist, and the sake of the country, the trumpster had better learn and grow up - fast.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Dear Mr. President,

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Don't waste your time. Most folks in here will make every excuse possible for Trump. Nothing is ever his fault. It's always somebody else's fault.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't waste your time. Most folks in here will make every excuse possible for Trump. Nothing is ever his fault. It's always somebody else's fault.

Whose fault is it that we have Obamacare...and that it is failing spectacularly?

b23hqb

PREMO Member

I'm not wasting my time. This is critical. Trump is either a leader or he isn't. Negotiator/mediator/maker of the deal is NOT leadership. All those who voted Trump in - and he is much better than the wicked witch would ever be - should be pressing the president to show leadership, and not just try and do whatever to get something passed in any way, shape or form, just to claim a victory. Hardball politics works, for the better or worse, if you have a leader to do it. Right now, anybody that is non-left is getting the worse end of the stick because of an administration that seems incapable of getting anything done.

Trump needs to go to those states and/or districts of reps that voted against these bills, directly to the voters, and let those voters know, from the top dog himself, how their elected officials have failed them. That would be a first step in showing leadership.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just do what you were elected to do. Please.

I must have missed the part where Trump is in charge of the legislative branch.

See, this is where We the People step in. If your critter is being a nozzle, light his ass. Let them know. And if they don't do what we want, vote their ass out. It's really pretty simple. The problem, of course, is when you're outvoted, as I have been in Maryland and 5-D all these years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Stop it. I know you know how government works and how bills become laws.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump needs to go to those states and/or districts of reps that voted against these bills, directly to the voters, and let those voters know, from the top dog himself, how their elected officials have failed them.

OMG, he does that every single day on social media. Are you kidding me?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I must have missed the part where Trump is in charge of the legislative branch.

See, this is where We the People step in. If your critter is being a nozzle, light his ass. Let them know. And if they don't do what we want, vote their ass out. It's really pretty simple. The problem, of course, is when you're outvoted, as I have been in Maryland and 5-D all these years.

But... but... but... my critters are doing great jobs. It's all those other critters that need to go!!!

Wishbone

But... but... but... my critters are doing great jobs. It's all those other critters that need to go!!!

Living in Maryland, I'm fine with getting rid of every incumbent!

Plant a full force, size twelve in Stenys keister to help him to the parking lot.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
OMG, he does that every single day on social media. Are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding you. Lots and lots of people do not twitter, like me. Many rarely use facebook, like me. Leadership is not twitter or social media. Leadership is getting out, in front, and leading. Not just spouting off electronically.

I never said anywhere that Trump was "in charge" of the legislative branch. You and others are very naive to even think that is what I said. Trump is not part of the legislative branch, but by extension of the presidents' historical responsibilities, he is the LEADER of his party of the legislative branch, whether you or he like it or not. If he is going to let congress control him to the extent that NOTHING gets done, then he is not the man for the job. Leaders get things done, one way or another. Trumps is not a leader, at least to this point in time. I hope that changes - fast, like right now.

All Trump voters need to be screaming at him as well as at the right side of the aisle. Trump bears enough responsibility for the divisions on the right, simply for his trashing of various Rep reps in the senate and house, especially McCain and Murkowski, among others. They are a vindictive bunch. It's up to the president to get things right.

Last edited: