1 dead in single car crash this a.m. in Waldorf; 3 others seriously injured

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
On July 28 at approximately 8 a.m., officers responded to the area of Piney Church Road near Renner Road in Waldorf for the report of a single vehicle car crash. A preliminary investigation showed the driver, a 20-year-old male from Waldorf, was traveling north on Piney Church Road in a Honda Civic when he lost control of the car and hit a utility pole. The driver and two passengers - a 19-year-old male and a 20-year old female - were transported to a hospital by ambulance with serious injuries. A fourth occupant, Leia Jessica Bettis, 20, of Waldorf, was pronounced deceased on the scene. It is not immediately clear why the driver left the roadway. Cpl. B. Saunders of the Traffic Operations Unit is investigating.

DannyMotorcycle

4 young people in car.. i'd bet the odds are the loss of control was due reckless driving or someone goofing around.

When my kids are old enough, i plan to tell them, even if they don't live at home, even if they bought their own car and insurance.. they had better not drive reckless, better not speed more than 9 over, better not get a reckless ticket or a neighbor or anyone informing me they were doing such, I will be taking a belt to that backside or some kind of very uncomfortable punishment, because that type of stuff will NOT be tolerated by your father, I don't car what the law says, I created you, and you damn well will not be a danger to society, and it's my job and responsibility (as a father and human being) to make sure you are a decent responsible, not reckless, human being too. I will whoop your ass and take my chances with a jury trail and hopefully there will be one standup person at least in that jury. IF i get convicted, i'm beating your ass again for that too. Hell I'll got to an MMA gym and hire a fighter to put a painful but not serious hurting on your ass you won't even know his name. If you want to be an A-hole, trust me, I will out A-hole you, i've been a bigger A-hole a lot longer. try me.

But yea, if a driver is being reckless.. and a passenger dies... that's got to be horrible.. you killd your acquaintance (which should drive you crazy your whole life) and now have to worry about the law dealing with you.. which will drive you crazy with anticipation, then drive you crazy with the sentencing..

Last edited: