Some people suck at life/work

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
From 1 of those sites that has people post about unusual events of common, everyday life.

[FONT=&quot]We did a background check on a guy who it turns out had sued every former employer for an on-the-job injury. Usually right after 90 days, when most trial periods end. I did not hire him, but somebody I knew did. So I warned them.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On his 92nd day, he showed up to work with a lawyer, claiming that his office chair had hurt his back, that the lights above his cubicle were giving him migraines, and his monitor was making his eyes hurt. The company was prepared with their own lawyers.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Much to his anger and surprise, they gave him an ergonomic keyboard, a monitor filter, and a special little area where the lights were better. And an ergonomic chair. And then they made it known that they would be contacting his former employers, many of whom he had sued saying he was unable to work anymore.[/FONT]

background checks

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We had a guy volunteering at my office, pulling mugshots for me. He applied for a job at another company and on his resume, he said he was in charge of the Warrant Unit for a police department in VA. The company he applied at was my mom's and I run the Warrant Unit for that
police department in VA. Needless to say, mom called to see if I knew who this guy was and when I told her that all he did here was pull mugshots for me, his application was tossed. :lol:

frequentflier

happy to be living
We had a guy volunteering at my office, pulling mugshots for me. He applied for a job at another company and on his resume, he said he was in charge of the Warrant Unit for a police department in VA. The company he applied at was my mom's and I run the Warrant Unit for that
police department in VA. Needless to say, mom called to see if I knew who this guy was and when I told her that all he did here was pull mugshots for me, his application was tossed. :lol:

:lmao: I think I would have been tempted to tell him *why* he wasn't considered for the job. :liar:

frequentflier

happy to be living
From 1 of those sites that has people post about unusual events of common, everyday life.

background checks

Several years ago, a short term and undependable ex- employee quit after telling me she was under medical care (but no doctors note) and couldn't do the job anymore. She went to another job and was fired and wanted to draw unemployment on my business... and as unemployment works, one can draw on ex employers for x amount of time (I think it is 2 years)
I shared with the unemployment office her telling me she wasn't able to work and part of being on unemployment is you have to be actively seeking work...She had to pay back the $$ she collected because she was "unavailable and unable to work"
Normally, I don't believe in Karma but felt great satisfaction that she wasn't able to scam the system that time!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Several years ago, a short term and undependable ex- employee quit after telling me she was under medical care (but no doctors note) and couldn't do the job anymore. She went to another job and was fired and wanted to draw unemployment on my business... and as unemployment works, one can draw on ex employers for x amount of time (I think it is 2 years)
I shared with the unemployment office her telling me she wasn't able to work and part of being on unemployment is you have to be actively seeking work...She had to pay back the $$ she collected because she was "unavailable and unable to work"
Normally, I don't believe in Karma but felt great satisfaction that she wasn't able to scam the system that time!

:yay: Because of your efforts, one was outed, but, sadly, there are so many more. I have told you before how much I admire you for maintaining your small business. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.