Poll: Culture Wars Threaten To Turn Democrats Into Permanent Minority Party

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of the Big Lies told by the media during the Obama Era was that the Left had, hands down, won the culture wars. Pointing to issues surrounding women, race and homosexuals, again and again the media crowed over this fact. Me? I was always skeptical. For example, polls might have shown that gay marriage was popular, but the issue almost always failed at the ballot box. Meanwhile, Hollywood has pretty much removed itself from the business of making issue movies, guns are more popular than ever, science is undermining the pro-abortion movement, and alternatives to our failed public schools continue to grow.

So while propaganda-polling gave the media desperately needed talking points, on the ground, out here in the real world, when it came to things like actual votes and the free market (box office, gun sales) the exact opposite proved true. Moreover, what could be more culture-driven than all things identity politics, the very thing that drives a Democrat Party which now finds its nationwide minority status in the worst shape it's been in since Republicans took away all their black slaves.

And now a new poll shows that the culture wars have so backfired on the Left, The National Journal's Josh Kraushaar writes of "the emerging Democrat minority." Among the white-working class, the numbers in this poll are staggeringly awful for Democrats, especially in key parts of the country where most of the 2018 fight for control of the House of Representatives will occur (Democrats have ZERO chance of winning back the U.S. Senate in either 2018 or 2020).

Despite all of the GOP's troubles over the last half year, among blue collar voters, the Republican Party beats Democrats 43% to 33% in what is known as the generic ballot. Disapproval of the Democrat Party sits at a breathtaking 61%, while only 32% approve. Trump's job approval number in these pivotal swing districts is a healthy 52%. In worse news, compared to Republicans, when it comes to improving the economy, Democrats face an incredible -35 point deficit.

Poll: Culture Wars Threaten To Turn Democrats Into Permanent Minority Party
If the Republican party was worth anything close to a damn, they might take advantage of this.

Sapidus

I thought we couldn't trust polls because they said Hillary would win?

Can we trust them again?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd love to see all political parties go the way of the dinosaur and be replaced with nothing. Voters would have to vote based on the issues, not on what letter is after someone's name. We've let party politics get out of control to the point that they are doing serious harm to our country.