Trump approved fabricated Fox News story on Seth Rich murder, lawsuit says

Sapidus

"A lawsuit filed on Tuesday morning by a Fox News contributor says the network worked with a wealthy Trump donor to fabricate the story of former DNC staffer Seth Rich's murder with the approval of the White House.

"Not to add any more pressure but the president just read the article. He wants the article out immediately. It's not all up to you. But don't feel the pressure," Trump supporter Ed Butowsky texted Wheeler, according to the suit, which was obtained by TheWrap. The "president" referred to in this text message is President Donald Trump, the suit says."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ry-on-seth-rich-murder-lawsuit-says/23059687/

This_person

"Not to add any more pressure ... It's not all up to you. But don't feel the pressure"

Wow, how would someone stand up to that kind of pressure?

How did Fox get Wikileaks to offer money for capturing Seth's killer? (tingling with anticipation)

h3mech

sounds like more fake news

"A lawsuit filed on Tuesday morning by a Fox News contributor says the network worked with a wealthy Trump donor to fabricate the story of former DNC staffer Seth Rich's murder with the approval of the White House.

"Not to add any more pressure but the president just read the article. He wants the article out immediately. It's not all up to you. But don't feel the pressure," Trump supporter Ed Butowsky texted Wheeler, according to the suit, which was obtained by TheWrap. The "president" referred to in this text message is President Donald Trump, the suit says."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ry-on-seth-rich-murder-lawsuit-says/23059687/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The investigator, Rod Wheeler, sued Fox for defamation on Tuesday in New York.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fox-news-seth-rich-lawsuit-20170801-story.html

Two days before the Fox article was published, Butowsky told Wheeler in a phone conversation that Trump had read the article and wanted it published immediately, the lawsuit said.

Wheeler also claimed that he was told that his false comments were put in the story because Trump wanted it that way.

[clip]

Wheeler, who is black and has been a Fox contributor since 2005, is also suing Fox for racial discrimination. He said similar law enforcement experts who are white were given higher pay and more opportunities.

nothing to see here folks, another aggrieved black man Playing the Ghetto Lottery

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
He loses all credibility with this....................

"Fox removed the story from its website a week after it was published, saying that "it was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all of our reporting." That forced Fox News' most high-profile host, Sean Hannity, to back away from aggressively pushing the story on the air.

Wheeler, who is black and has been a Fox contributor since 2005, is also suing Fox for racial discrimination. He said similar law enforcement experts who are white were given higher pay and more opportunities."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:yay:

keep showing your true colors

He is a pussy that needs to man up ... he sounds like that mewling quim that sued O'Rellly for harassment
wheeler showed his colors .... :bawl: Fox hates me cause I'm Black

Last edited:

Sapidus

"As the night before the story is aired progresses, Butowsky is awake, online and anticipating what is to unfold in a few short hours.

Butowsky sends an email to Fox News producers and hosts coaching them on how to frame the Rich story, according to the lawsuit. Recipients included Fox & Friends hosts, Steve Doocy, Ainsley Earhardt and Brian Kilmeade.

"I'm actually the one who's been putting this together but as you know, I keep my name out of things because I have no credibility," Butowsky writes, as reflected in the Wheeler suit. "One of the big conclusions we need to draw from this is that the Russians did not hack our computer systems and ste[a]l emails and there was no collusion" between "Trump and the Russians."

The night before the story ran and the day of the story itself, Butowsky coaches Wheeler on what to say on the air: "[T]he narrative in the interviews you might use is that you and [Fox News reporter Malia Zimmerman's] work prove that the Russians didn't hack into the DNC and steal the emails and impact our elections." In another text, he writes: "If you can, try to highlight this puts the Russian hacking story to rest."

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/54078...=iosnewsapp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=app

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...... I keep my name out of things because I have no credibility .......

there it is right ... dude has NO credibility

News-For-Hire Scandal Deepens: ‘Fusion GPS’ Sleazy Venezuela Links Shed New Light on Trump Dossier

News of the News: an oppo-research-for-hire outfit of former reporters tries to seed stories in the American press for global clients

The Fusion GPS news-for-hire scandal has not only led to the public identification of the source of the “Trump Dossier”—a for-profit company that provides opposition research to whoever could write big checks, which is staffed by four former Wall Street Journal reporters led by Glenn Simpson. The scandal has also lifted the lid off a sewer of corporate information warfare and opposition research that the flailing institutions of the mainstream press now regularly re-package as news, without ever saying where it came from—or who paid for it. While the idea that the products of paid opposition research are being main-lined by name news outlets makes an ongoing mockery of claims to objective reporting, that part of the story is hardly new—it goes back at least to the partisan warfare of the 1990s. So why is Fusion GPS such a big deal?

The Trump Dossier, and the firestorm it ignited, is only one piece of the Fusion GPS story. What’s new about Fusion GPS and its fellow DC oppo shops—few of which register as foreign lobbyists—is that they take money from entities linked to foreign governments that are eager to re-frame or invent news stories to punish their enemies at home and torque American foreign policy by controlling information. When you connect the dots between Fusion GPS’s foreign clients and U.S. media outlets, a much more disturbing picture emerges of the firm’s activities, and what they reveal about the weakened state of the American press, and American democracy.

Faith in the outfit’s journalistic expertise and experience is one of the chords that Fusion GPS strikes in its relations with journalists, whether they’re trying to block a story or shop one. “If they have a story they think you’d be interested in,” says one Washington, D.C. journalist familiar with Fusion GPS’s operations, “they call you down to their office on Dupont Circle and show you a dossier. There’s no confidentiality agreement, but it’s understood that if they show you something and you talk about it, you’re cut off, or worse.”

The fact that Fusion GPS has the whip-hand in its relationship with journalists hardly compels the company to be honest—revealing sources is for suckers, especially when your “sources” are paying the bills. At the same time as Fusion GPS was being paid directly by Russian clients in Washington, it was also being paid by a Venezuelan company called Derwick Associates that reportedly skimmed billions of dollars from rigged contracts with Hugo Chavez’s regime—and which did large amounts of business with Russian state companies like Gazprom and Gazprombank that are sanctioned by Washington for issues related to Russia’s involvement in Ukraine. That’s how Fusion GPS kept the lights on.

If taking money from repressive kleptocracies is an ugly business, an even uglier story emerges when you start connecting the dots. Add Fusion GPS’s contracts with Russian and Russian-linked entities together with the company’s role in compiling and distributing a defamatory dossier sourced to the Kremlin, and the idea that the Trump Dossier was a Kremlin information operation becomes quite plausible—with much of the U.S. media serving as the delivery mechanism for a poison dart aimed at the legitimacy of the American democratic system.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Wow, Trump should be Impeached immediately..

Russians, especially Putin, have to be laughing their asses off.. the liberals and the ignorant are doing more damage to our democracy and our sitting President than they EVER could.. AMERICANS are doing their job for them.

Kind of ridiculous don't you think??

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The firm that produced a dossier on then candidate Donald Trump was working for the Russian government and was being paid by a Kremlin official, a financier who lobbied for the controversial Magnitsky Act said Thursday.

Hermitage Capital Management CEO Bill Browder told members of the Senate Judiciary Committee that Fusion GPS was acting as a foreign agent and should have registered as such in the United States.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., asked Browder, "You believe that Fusion GPS should have registered under FARA because they were acting on behalf of the Russians?"

Browder replied yes, to which Graham said, "I just want to absorb that for a moment. The group that did the dossier on President Trump hired this British spy, wound up getting it to the FBI. You believe they were working for the Russians?"

Browder then said, "in the spring and summer of 2016, they were receiving money indirectly from a senior Russian government official."

Browder lobbied for the 2012 Magnitsky Act, which placed sanctions on the Russians the U.S. believes were responsible for the death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky while he was in a Moscow prison.

Fusion GPS investigated Browder on behalf of the Russian government after Magnitsky alleged Russia stole money from Hermitage Capital. Information in the Trump dossier could not be verified by U.S. intelligence agencies.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/adoptions-senate-judiciary-committee/2017/07/27/id/804256/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
William Browder, a banker who has worked to expose Mr. Putin’s crimes, testified to the Grassley committee on Thursday that he was the target of a similar campaign, saying that Fusion “spread false information” about him and his efforts. Fusion has admitted it was hired by a law firm representing a Russian company called Prevezon.

Prevezon employed one of the Russian operators who were at Trump Tower last year. The other Russian who attended that meeting, Rinat Akhmetshin, is a former Soviet counterintelligence officer. He has acknowledged in court documents that he makes his career out of opposition research, the same work Fusion does. And that he’s often hired by Kremlin-connected Russians to smear opponents.

We know that at the exact time Fusion was working with the Russians, the firm had also hired a former British spy, Christopher Steele, to dig up dirt on Mr. Trump. Mr. Steele compiled his material, according to his memos, based on allegations from unnamed Kremlin insiders and other Russians. Many of the claims sound eerily similar to the sort of “oppo” Mr. Akhmetshin peddled.

We know that Mr. Simpson is tight with Democrats. His current attorney, Joshua Levy, used to work in Congress as counsel to no less than Chuck Schumer. We know from a Grassley letter that Fusion has in the past sheltered its clients’ true identities by filtering money through law firms or shell companies (Bean LLC and Kernel LLC).

Word is Mr. Simpson has made clear he will appear for a voluntary committee interview only if he is not specifically asked who hired him to dig dirt on Mr. Trump. Democrats are going to the mat for him over that demand. Those on the Judiciary Committee pointedly did not sign letters in which Mr. Grassley demanded that Fusion reveal who hired it.

Here’s a thought: What if it was the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign? What if that money flowed from a political entity on the left, to a private law firm, to Fusion, to a British spook, and then to Russian sources? Moreover, what if those Kremlin-tied sources already knew about this dirt-digging, tipped off by Mr. Akhmetshin? What if they specifically made up claims to dupe Mr. Steele, to trick him into writing this dossier?

WSJ Asks "Who Paid For The 'Trump Dossier'?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Natasha Bertrand - Statement from Fusion GPS, which produced the Steele dossier, re: accusations it was hired by Russians:

fusion.jpg

Hijinx

there it is right ... dude has NO credibility

News-For-Hire Scandal Deepens: ‘Fusion GPS’ Sleazy Venezuela Links Shed New Light on Trump Dossier

News of the News: an oppo-research-for-hire outfit of former reporters tries to seed stories in the American press for global clients

The Fusion GPS news-for-hire scandal has not only led to the public identification of the source of the “Trump Dossier”—a for-profit company that provides opposition research to whoever could write big checks, which is staffed by four former Wall Street Journal reporters led by Glenn Simpson. The scandal has also lifted the lid off a sewer of corporate information warfare and opposition research that the flailing institutions of the mainstream press now regularly re-package as news, without ever saying where it came from—or who paid for it. While the idea that the products of paid opposition research are being main-lined by name news outlets makes an ongoing mockery of claims to objective reporting, that part of the story is hardly new—it goes back at least to the partisan warfare of the 1990s. So why is Fusion GPS such a big deal?

The Trump Dossier, and the firestorm it ignited, is only one piece of the Fusion GPS story. What’s new about Fusion GPS and its fellow DC oppo shops—few of which register as foreign lobbyists—is that they take money from entities linked to foreign governments that are eager to re-frame or invent news stories to punish their enemies at home and torque American foreign policy by controlling information. When you connect the dots between Fusion GPS’s foreign clients and U.S. media outlets, a much more disturbing picture emerges of the firm’s activities, and what they reveal about the weakened state of the American press, and American democracy.

Faith in the outfit’s journalistic expertise and experience is one of the chords that Fusion GPS strikes in its relations with journalists, whether they’re trying to block a story or shop one. “If they have a story they think you’d be interested in,” says one Washington, D.C. journalist familiar with Fusion GPS’s operations, “they call you down to their office on Dupont Circle and show you a dossier. There’s no confidentiality agreement, but it’s understood that if they show you something and you talk about it, you’re cut off, or worse.”

The fact that Fusion GPS has the whip-hand in its relationship with journalists hardly compels the company to be honest—revealing sources is for suckers, especially when your “sources” are paying the bills. At the same time as Fusion GPS was being paid directly by Russian clients in Washington, it was also being paid by a Venezuelan company called Derwick Associates that reportedly skimmed billions of dollars from rigged contracts with Hugo Chavez’s regime—and which did large amounts of business with Russian state companies like Gazprom and Gazprombank that are sanctioned by Washington for issues related to Russia’s involvement in Ukraine. That’s how Fusion GPS kept the lights on.

If taking money from repressive kleptocracies is an ugly business, an even uglier story emerges when you start connecting the dots. Add Fusion GPS’s contracts with Russian and Russian-linked entities together with the company’s role in compiling and distributing a defamatory dossier sourced to the Kremlin, and the idea that the Trump Dossier was a Kremlin information operation becomes quite plausible—with much of the U.S. media serving as the delivery mechanism for a poison dart aimed at the legitimacy of the American democratic system.

Fake news and get paid for it. Who Pays.? New York Times readers.

Midnightrider

Just to bring this back on topic

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/54078...=iosnewsapp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=app

Wheeler challenges Zimmerman over the letter in a three-way phone conversation that also included Butowsky. The Fox News reporter defends herself: "That's the email that Fox asked me to send him. They wrote it for me."

Wheeler replies: "That's not accurate, though, because much, much of the information did not come from me."

"Not about the emails. Not the part about, I mean, the connection to WikiLeaks," Zimmerman acknowledges. "But the rest of the quotes in the story did."

Butowsky weighs in: "One day you're going to win an award for having said those things you didn't say." Later, according to the recordings transcribed in the suit, Butowsky acknowledges Wheeler hadn't made any claims of personal knowledge about emails between Rich and WikiLeaks. "I know that's not true," Butowsky says. "If I'm under oath, I would say I never heard him say that."

This_person

Gurps, if I get what you're saying correctly, I've been wrong all along. To me, "collusion" had to include some kind of lying, falsehoods, endorsed by one party and alleged by another - the two "colluding" to try and make other people believe it. I've long said this did not happen in the 2016 election, because the charge was always that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians and there's been no falsehoods spread about Clinton. I was wrong because there was collusion with the Russians, and it was the Democrats creating/endorsing/spreading lies with the Russians via other parties.

Is that what you're saying?

This_person

Just to bring this back on topic

And, yet, Wikileaks strongly implied it by mentioning his death in terms of their sources taking great risks, and then offering a reward for information leading to an arrest for Seth's murder.

That's quite the reach Fox has :roflmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gurps, if I get what you're saying correctly .....

Is that what you're saying?

which part exactly are you refereeing to ... I tossed out a couple of articles in this thread

as far as Trump and Company colluding or conspiring with the Russians its all :bs:
so what Jared had a meeting, it ended pretty quickly when he figured out the Russian's wanted to talk about something else, ie the Magnitsky Act

it would appear at this point Fusion GPS - writers of the 'Trump Dossier' were in the pay of the Russians trying to over turn the Magnitsky Act or at least keep the name off any further sanctions

Midnightrider

And, yet, Wikileaks strongly implied it by mentioning his death in terms of their sources taking great risks, and then offering a reward for information leading to an arrest for Seth's murder.

That's quite the reach Fox has :roflmao:
You shouldn't believe everything you read online, and you definitely shouldn't believe most of the things YOU INFER from things you read online.