Flight out of BWI

catlingirl

If I have a flight out of BWi at 7:05am on a Tuesday, what time should I leave from Mid Calvert County? I was thinking around 4am. I was wondering because I'm not sure how traffic would be that early. I'm thinking of taking 4 to 301 to 3,etc. I looked up the rush hour times for the route but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help

luvmygdaughters

Is it a domestic flight? If so, you should be fine, even if you left at 4:30. We live in St. Mary's, had a flight out of BWI at 8:25 am, left our house at 4:30 and arrived at BWI long term parking at 6:05 AM.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
as other said, 4 s/b fine. I'm one who like to get up there and chill, Are you approved for TSA Precheck? That could help too....

stgislander

PREMO Member
I agree with everyone else, except I always cut across US-50 and hit I-97 North. I seem to make better time that way by rolling at 65-70mph and eliminating all the lights on MD-3. At that time of the morning, neither should be a problem though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I agree with everyone else, except I always cut across US-50 and hit I-97 North. I seem to make better time that way by rolling at 65-70mph and eliminating all the lights on MD-3. At that time of the morning, neither should be a problem though.

:yay:

At that hour, I always allow an hour from Prince Frederick (where I live) and arrive 2 hours before my flight. Different days, times, and times of the year all make a difference in the lines...TSA pre-approval, etc. I don't like leaving anything to chance and I don't ever mind chilling for an hour before I need to board. :D

Last edited:

Clem72

as other said, 4 s/b fine. I'm one who like to get up there and chill, Are you approved for TSA Precheck? That could help too....

In any other region. Seems like BWI/DCA/IAD have more pre-check than regular (though it does move a bit faster).

stgislander

PREMO Member
In any other region. Seems like BWI/DCA/IAD have more pre-check than regular (though it does move a bit faster).

:yay: There have been times when it was faster to use the regular TSA Checkpoint at 'C' Hall than the TSA-Pre line at Hall 'B'. I've never seen the lines at Hall 'C' very deep.