Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Septic Pump Out

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    My septic system backed up last night.
    Doesn't that mean there is a problem with your drain field?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Did you have a good visit with your 'rents?
    They're still here until tomorrow. Good visit, took them to Jerry's for lunch today. They were impressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Doesn't that mean there is a problem with your drain field?
    That's the most likely suspect right now, or the "t" exiting to the drain field.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  3. #13
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    76,435
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    They're still here until tomorrow. Good visit, took them to Jerry's for lunch today. They were impressed.
    Glad to hear that! Good place to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  4. #14
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    76,435
    GW, who would you recommend? I've been told mine should be pumped, just for good measure. C&C said they charge to dig down, but that confuses me. I know where the pipe is, so I don't get why they have to dig down. Besides, they put in my whole new drainfield in 2011. Helpz plz!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  5. #15
    Not GW but I think what they are saying is they charge to dig down to the tank cover. They don't pump out your drain field, they pump out your tank since over time it can become filled with non-degradable solids which can lead to drain field clogging. If you know where your tank cover is dig it yourself. It is usually shallow, 6-12 inches. If you don't know where it is but have a rough idea get a friend with a good metal detector. The handle for the cover is iron.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

  6. #16
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    76,435
    Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post
    Not GW but I think what they are saying is they charge to dig down to the tank cover. They don't pump out your drain field, they pump out your tank since over time it can become filled with non-degradable solids which can lead to drain field clogging. If you know where your tank cover is dig it yourself. It is usually shallow, 6-12 inches. If you don't know where it is but have a rough idea get a friend with a good metal detector. The handle for the cover is iron.
    Thank you. I do know where the top to the tank is, as should C&C since they put it in. We will have someone dig it out for us rather than pay $200+
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

  7. #17
    My "goto" guy is Wayne's Drains, 301-884-5592. They were busy last time I needed them, so I was able to get Larry Hill and Sons, 301-994-9700. I also have a name of Jimmie's Septic, 410-474-1346. Seems they all know each other and refer to each other. When I called Wayne's, she gave me a whole list of names to call, but I can't find it now.

    As was stated, if they have to dig down to get to the cover, they will charge you for it. If you know where it is, and can dig yourself, great, but call them first so you don't dig for nothing.

    If they dug down once before, I'm surprised they didn't install an above-ground cap. That's pretty much the SOP, so if you need to get pumped out again you just open the cap. No digging.

    That all said.... if you're not having an issue, not backing up, no wet spots in the lawn, I'd be hesitant to have it pumped "just because". If the tank and drain field are doing their job, it shouldn't have to be pumped. Between $250 and $350 to pump, not including the digging or the cap install. I don't remember what my cap cost me.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  8. #18
    And as payment for my services, can I borrow whomever you have to dig? I'm still having issues and need to dig down to the drain field, but I simply can't do that anymore. I've been so busy running between here and VA and AR that I haven't had a chance to address my own septic issues. Have to stagger shower v laundry v dishwasher.....
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  9. #19
    Found the list...
    Gave you Wayne's, Hill's and Jimmie's. Those would be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.

    Other names, no idea who they are or quality of work:
    Downs 301-997-1566
    Copsey 301-884-4408
    Lee's 301-392-1910
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  10. #20
    American Beauty RoseRed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My own private Idaho
    Posts
    76,435
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    My "goto" guy is Wayne's Drains, 301-884-5592. They were busy last time I needed them, so I was able to get Larry Hill and Sons, 301-994-9700. I also have a name of Jimmie's Septic, 410-474-1346. Seems they all know each other and refer to each other. When I called Wayne's, she gave me a whole list of names to call, but I can't find it now.

    As was stated, if they have to dig down to get to the cover, they will charge you for it. If you know where it is, and can dig yourself, great, but call them first so you don't dig for nothing.

    If they dug down once before, I'm surprised they didn't install an above-ground cap. That's pretty much the SOP, so if you need to get pumped out again you just open the cap. No digging.

    That all said.... if you're not having an issue, not backing up, no wet spots in the lawn, I'd be hesitant to have it pumped "just because". If the tank and drain field are doing their job, it shouldn't have to be pumped. Between $250 and $350 to pump, not including the digging or the cap install. I don't remember what my cap cost me.
    That's the thing, it has a capped pipe, but they said it still has to be dug. Makes no sense to me.

    As for the potential digger, I think one of the grandson's was going to be tasked with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Found the list...
    Gave you Wayne's, Hill's and Jimmie's. Those would be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.

    Other names, no idea who they are or quality of work:
    Downs 301-997-1566
    Copsey 301-884-4408
    Lee's 301-392-1910
    Thank you! I'll place some follow up calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |