Trump’s policy illiteracy includes the basics of economic data

Sapidus

“We have a GDP, on Friday – it got very little mention, although I guess in the business areas it did. But it got, I think, very little mention. 2.6 is a number that nobody thought they’d see for a long period of time…. And 2.6 is an unbelievable number, announced on Friday.”

It’s hard to say with confidence whether Trump has any idea what the GDP is or what the quarterly reports show, but 2.6% growth is clearly not an “unbelievable number.” It’s actually quite believable.

Indeed, when the president says “nobody” expected to see quarterly growth of 2.6 “for a long period of time,” that plainly ridiculous. As recently as last fall, which really isn’t that long ago, we saw 2.8% growth.

Throughout the Obama era, most notably after the Great Recession ended, we saw plenty of individual quarters in which growth topped 4% and, at one point, 5%. Barack Obama didn’t do much to pat himself on the back, and the Democratic White House didn’t tout the figures as “unbelievable.” They were simply seen as evidence of a domestic economy that was growing steadily.

What’s more, given the fact that Trump hasn’t approved any major economic legislation, every time he celebrates the economic news from the first half of his first year in office, he’s really just touting the economy he inherited from his predecessor.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...des-the-basics-economic-data?cid=sm_fb_maddow

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Obama GDP.jpg

So according to the chart.. Obama didn't hit 2.6% until the third year of his second term. SO if he had ONE quarter in any of those years that hit your 4 or 5% what the other 3 quarters like that drug it down to 2.5% or less for the whole year??

Nothing to brag about your emperor here..

Of course it gets MUCH worse when you look at GDP and compare it the debt for the same period..

Obama Debt.jpg

He could have had 10% GDP growth but doubling the debt would have erased any gains associated with it..

But lets not let facts get in the way of your sexual infatuation and masturbation fest over Obama.

Last edited:

Sapidus

View attachment 119505

So according to the chart.. Obama didn't hit 2.6% until the third year of his second term. SO if he had ONE quarter in any of those years that hit your 4 or 5% what the other 3 quarters like that drug it down to 2.5% or less for the whole year??

Nothing to brag about your emperor here..

Of course it gets MUCH worse when you look at GDP and compare it the debt for the same period..

View attachment 119506

He could have had 10% GDP growth but doubling the debt would have erased any gains associated with it..

But lets not let facts get in the way of your sexual infatuation and masturbation fest over Obama.

The point of the article is that Trump has no understanding of economic data or else he does and he is just lying which could be possible to given him.

Obama was also coming of the worst recession the country had seen in decades

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Throughout the Obama era, most notably after the Great Recession ended, we saw plenty of individual quarters in which growth topped 4% and, at one point, 5%.

that's ####ing rich .... talking about cherry picking
...... the entire presidency never averaged 3%

from CNN

The Great Recession was a meat-cleaver on the economy. Since then, the U.S. has struggled to grow at much more than 2% a year under President Obama.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

so what :shrug:

the article states clearly :

Throughout the Obama era, most notably after the Great Recession ended, we saw plenty of individual quarters in which growth topped 4% and, at one point, 5%. Barack Obama didn’t do much to pat himself on the back, and the Democratic White House didn’t tout the figures as “unbelievable.” They were simply seen as evidence of a domestic economy that was growing steadily.

.... like its some kinda Obama Victory lap

and further more: What’s more, given the fact that Trump hasn’t approved any major economic legislation, every time he celebrates the economic news from the first half of his first year in office, he’s really just touting the economy he inherited from his predecessor.

the economy bounced just because TRUMP WAS ELECTED - that's right Richard, merely electing Trump has given businesses hope for a brighter future

The Trump effect: For first time since economic crisis, Americans positive about economy

Last edited:

Sapidus

so what :shrug:

the article states clearly :

.... like its some kinda Obama Victory lap

and further more: What’s more, given the fact that Trump hasn’t approved any major economic legislation, every time he celebrates the economic news from the first half of his first year in office, he’s really just touting the economy he inherited from his predecessor.

the economy bounced just because TRUMP WAS ELECTED - that's right Richard, merely electing Trump has given businesses hope for a brighter future

The Trump effect: For first time since economic crisis, Americans positive about economy

Yeah well the numbers tell a different story and the fact that our president doesn't understand the data or is deliberately lying to inflate his sense of self should unsettle you.

But you will just keep letting him lie to you and show his incompetence because he is "your idiot"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The point of the article is that Trump has no understanding of economic data or else he does and he is just lying which could be possible to given him.

My point is it is YOU that doesn't have a ####ing clue..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But you will just keep letting him lie to you and show his incompetence because he is "your idiot"

sorry dick cheese he is not 'my idiot' .... I skipped the national levers and only pulled one for local candidates

But he still BEAT Hillary and is the President

you can sit there an whine, piss, and moan,
but constantly quoting left wing progressive rags with a HISTORY of lying about EVERYTHING Trump does, wither the guy steps on his dick or not, is NOT Helping your cause

Sapidus

sorry dick cheese he is not 'my idiot' .... I skipped the national levers and only pulled one for local candidates

But he still BEAT Hillary and is the President

you can sit there an whine, piss, and moan,
but constantly quoting left wing progressive rags with a HISTORY of lying about EVERYTHING Trump does, wither the guy steps on his dick or not, is NOT Helping your cause

They were direct quotes from Trump. Even you must see the man is a moron and has no idea what he is talking about.

Since when are we not supposed to care what our president does or says? Just because he won we must all fall in line and agree with his every proclamation? This isn't a dictatorship.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yeah well the numbers tell a different story and the fact that our president doesn't understand the data or is deliberately lying to inflate his sense of self should unsettle you.

What's the lie?? Our GDP didn't grow 2.6% in his first quarter in office??

And if I recall I believe he's reduced the debt his first quarter which in and of itself is YUGE.. but combing a reduction (not flatlining debt, but REDUCING) with a 2.6% increase in GDP is better than ANYTHING Obama had done in ANY period in his 8 years..

Even if Trump just SLOWED the increase of the debt with a 2.6% growth would be YUGE..

But the GDP increases Obama showed joined with his increase in debt during the same time shows who the truly ignorant ones are when it comes to the economy..

Sapidus

I have absolutely no interest in what Rachel Maddow has to say about anything.

So that keeps you from reading the part that is just direct quotes from the President? You should try it sometime. Only read the direct quotes and figures and statitics in an article and ignore the editorializing.

In this case Trump still comes off as uninformed.

Sapidus

What's the lie?? Our GDP didn't grow 2.6% in his first quarter in office??

And if I recall I believe he's reduced the debt his first quarter which in and of itself is YUGE.. but combing a reduction (not flatlining debt, but REDUCING) with a 2.6% increase in GDP is better than ANYTHING Obama had done in ANY period in his 8 years..

Even if Trump just SLOWED the increase of the debt with a 2.6% growth would be YUGE..

But the GDP increases Obama showed joined with his increase in debt during the same time shows who the truly ignorant ones are when it comes to the economy..

Keep dreaming.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Keep dreaming.

Where are your facts supporting your argument and arguing the points I made??

Obama INCREASED the National Debt in the same time period by 200 Billion .. Trump has decreased the debt by 12 Billion, AND grew the GDP by 2.6%..

Give us ONE quarter where Obama did anything even close.

That's YUUUUGE!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You should try it sometime.

No thanks. Clearly reading her crap rots your brain because all of her fans are insane babbling slackjaws. I have no interest in joining that club.

Rachel Maddow picks and chooses and selectively edits in order to whip you progs into a frenzy. Her "direct quotes" and "figures" in the past have been largely bull####; I have no reason to believe this won't be more of the same.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And another thing:

I actually read and watch President Trump when he speaks, and I follow him on social media. I don't need some brainwasher to tell me what he said - I see and hear it first hand. Like you nutters got all spastic because Trump "didn't shake hands with the little handicapped boy" because your brainwashers only showed you a short clip. The whole video shows The Donald greeting the little boy quite warmly, yet you progbots went on a verbal abuse tirade to the point where the child's mother took to social media to correct the bull#### you opened wide for and gobbled up.

And what's more, even when proof comes out, you just stick your fingers in your ears :lalala: You believe what you want to believe, even when there's proof that it's bull####. So no thanks, babe, I have precisely zero interest in anything Rachel Maddow feeds you crazies.

Wishbone

No thanks. Clearly reading her crap rots your brain because all of her fans are insane babbling slackjaws. I have no interest in joining that club.

Rachel Maddow picks and chooses and selectively edits in order to whip you progs into a frenzy. Her "direct quotes" and "figures" in the past have been largely bull####; I have no reason to believe this won't be more of the same.

You know I heard her say :gossip: and she found Trumps eighth grade library card showing a book he returned three weeks late! :jameo:

Hijinx

I don't see Trump is a moron and so far I am pretty satisfied with him.
Has he made mistakes?? Yes.
But he has also had some Victories.

But despite having any being cooperation with by both parties he is moving forward.

Anyway ask yourself this question.
How really bad can an opponent be when Americans would rather vote for a moron than vote for the Democrat candidate?

For you see that is the reality.
The Democrats went with a woman that has such a shady background and has been involved in so many illegal scams and plots that she was unelectable.

When you run on a platform of Vote for me because I have a Vagina, you really shouldn't expect to win.