Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Insurance

I've had Geico for years, also have our homeowners thru them. I've had a small claims, rock in the windshield, deer ran into my car damaged the side mirror, etc. no problems. The one big claim I had was after I was T-boned at the intersection in Leonardtown, by a kid who wasnt paying attention. I called Geico and they took care of everything. Never had a problem with them at all. We have two cars and I carry full coverage on both of them, payments are $ 206.00 p/month.

I have USAA for home, auto and rental. For my 2010 truck and 2013 car with full coverage is $1200 a year. Cost has been creeping up even with no "at fault" claims or tickets in +20yrs. My 3 Mustangs have collector car coverage through Hagerty.

I've been with Allstate since 1985 and they've done well by me. At the moment, 4 trucks, one car, and one motorcycle are covered by them.

I get some kind of discount (I'm told) because we also have our home insurance with Allstate.

They used to have a lower cost "classic auto" policy and I still have two vehicles on it, but it's no longer available for new policies. When I get the TR3 done, I'll probably be talking to Haggerty.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

I use to have Allstate and they were great for claims, a family friend is an agent and everything was through him. I move to Maryland and continued to have Allstate, I get a quote from State Farm through a friends wife and it was exactly half of what Allstate was for the same coverage. I have had State Farm since.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I use to have Allstate and they were great for claims, a family friend is an agent and everything was through him. I move to Maryland and continued to have Allstate, I get a quote from State Farm through a friends wife and it was exactly half of what Allstate was for the same coverage. I have had State Farm since.
    That's interesting, because I have most of my business insurance policies with State Farm. Naturally, along the way, they asked to quote all my auto and property....and couldn't touch the rates Allstate gives me. Go figger.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's interesting, because I have most of my business insurance policies with State Farm. Naturally, along the way, they asked to quote all my auto and property....and couldn't touch the rates Allstate gives me. Go figger.
    I did hear State Farm wasn't the best if you had things like pools, piers, boats etc. At the time I had one vehicle and a house, now I have two vehicles (and still one house).
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

If you are considering Geico you might want to read this.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2017/22107.php

We Love Erie.

We have USAA and I've had them myself for at least auto for more than thirty years. Never had a single problem with them, and any problems I've ever heard from other members in my family, they've cleared up quickly.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 57