Rasmussen poll shows Trump approval rating continues to drop

philibusters

Interesting since this is the poll Trump himself touted recently as the most honest.

This is lower than Obamas lowest numbers during his 8 years.

Cue the " but the polls said Hillary would win, Hillary lost blah blah blah"

Who would have guessed a reality TV star with 6 bankruptcies , 11 sexual assault charges and 4000 lawsuits would make such a terrible president?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...in-gop-leaning-poll-drops-below-obamas-lowest

The thing about polls is he still has his base and the midterms are 15 months away and the 2020 election is 39 months away. The healthcare repeal failure along with the drama among his staff caused him to drop a couple points, but he is pretty much hovered between 38% and 45% approval ratings his entire Presidency so its not a big dip. For example George W. Bush had approval ratings as low as 23% at his worst. Trump's base has never deserted him. Right now he is not strong with Republicans who don't fall in his base and moderates, but he has time to reverse those trends. Its way too early to start worrying about polls. Polls only matter come election time.

Sapidus

The thing about polls is he still has his base and the midterms are 15 months away and the 2020 election is 39 months away. The healthcare repeal failure along with the drama among his staff caused him to drop a couple points, but he is pretty much hovered between 38% and 45% approval ratings his entire Presidency so its not a big dip. For example George W. Bush had approval ratings as low as 23% at his worst. Trump's base has never deserted him. Right now he is not strong with Republicans who don't fall in his base and moderates, but he has time to reverse those trends. Its way too early to start worrying about polls. Polls only matter come election time.

Yeah. He has really shown the leadership skills and negotiation skills that what you said requires. He's a lame duck at this point and hardly has the approval to pass anyything despite having the house and senate in his control. He's gonna have to stack up a lot of W ' s to reverse this and if he can't get his staff under control it's not gonna happen.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Interesting since this is the poll Trump himself touted recently as the most honest.

This is lower than Obamas lowest numbers during his 8 years.

Cue the " but the polls said Hillary would win, Hillary lost blah blah blah"

Who would have guessed a reality TV star with 6 bankruptcies , 11 sexual assault charges and 4000 lawsuits would make such a terrible president?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...in-gop-leaning-poll-drops-below-obamas-lowest

Who would have guessed that a guy with multiple media empires trying to pull him down would have bad polling numbers, doesn't mean that his actual performance is bad though.

Hijinx

I believe that Trump proved that polls don't mean anything even at election time.
He beat the polls then.
Even if his polls were zero he would still be President.
So stick the polls up Sap's butt.
They----like him---don't mean a thing.

Sapidus

I believe that Trump proved that polls don't mean anything even at election time.
He beat the polls then.

What kind of idiocy is that? Well in that case Obama was president for 8 years. What does that prove?

littlelady

God bless the USA
What kind of idiocy is that? Well in that case Obama was president for 8 years. What does that prove?

It proves America was asleep, like Rip Van Winkle. And, Obama's 8 years were a tragedy for the US. I would vote for Bill Clinton if I had the choice between the two. Do you understand that Obama was.a puppet? Prob, not. Our gov is corrupt, no matter who is in control. I don't like Trump that much, but voted for him, and truly believe he is trying to drain the swamp, and make America great again. You, surely, understand what a monumental task that is; no matter what side of the fence you are on. Just my advice to you; don't stand on top of the fence, and decide which side you are on. I have seen you waiver so many times on here. Be careful that you don't fall off, and injure yourself. :smile: I have never changed my side of the fence. What good that did me, I don't know. I am and forever will be a conservative in all walks of my life; whether it be politics, recycling, couponing, or, whatever.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:bs:

11 sexual assault charges - which jurisdictions were these charges filed in
4000 lawsuits - links to the court cases

Wishbone

He beat the polls then.

You're gonna get him excited again! :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Funny-Donald-Trump-Meme-Votes-For-Hillary-Clinton-Donald-Trump-Became-President-Photo.jpg