Why won't Trump stop lying?

Sapidus

— Has President Trump told you about the time the head of the Boy Scouts called to say his was the best speech ever delivered to the more than century-old organization? What about when the president of Mexico picked up the telephone to let him know that his tough enforcement efforts at the border were paying off handsomely?

The anecdotes, both of which Mr. Trump told over the last week, were similar in that they appeared to be efforts to showcase broad support for the president when his White House has been mired in turmoil. But they also had another thing in common, the White House conceded on Wednesday: Neither was true.

"Mr. Trump has written about how he bends the truth when it suits his purposes, asserting in his 1987 book “The Art of the Deal” that “a little hyperbole never hurts.”

“People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular,” Mr. Trump wrote then. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.”

The major difference now, Mr. D’Antonio said, is that as president Mr. Trump is fact-checked assiduously."

Why isn't he smart enough to realize that his constant lies are doing more harm than good since they are immediately shown to be lies. If he can't be trusted with the small stuff how can we trust him with the big stuff?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/...ump-white-house-admits-they-didnt-happen.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why isn't he smart enough to realize that his constant lies are doing more harm than good since they are immediately shown to be lies.

You constantly post lies on here. Is that doing you more harm than good?

Just curious. Coward. :coffee:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Why did the president say that he received a phone call from the leader of the Boy Scouts and the president of Mexico when he did not?” a reporter asked press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “Did he lie?”

Sanders said that Trump misspoke on both counts — that he did not receive phone calls but rather had personal conversations with the leaders.

In regards to Mexico, Sanders said Trump was referring to a personal conversation from last month’s Group of 20 summit.

On the Boy Scouts, Sanders said Trump did not hear from the president directly, but rather that he had heard from “multiple members of Boy Scout leadership” who offered him “quite powerful compliments.”

“So he lied,” the reporter shot back.

“It wasn't a lie. That's a pretty bold accusation,” Sanders responded. “The conversations took place. They just simply didn't take place over a phone call. He had them in person.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-did-not-lie-about-phone-call-from-boy-scouts

This_person

Why isn't he smart enough to realize that his constant lies are doing more harm than good since they are immediately shown to be lies. If he can't be trusted with the small stuff how can we trust him with the big stuff?

I agree - his hyperbole is a brand-new problem we have never dealt with from presidents ever before!!!

Pres. Obama said:
"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

"It's here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way to a brighter and more prosperous future."

“…I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment — this was the time — when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals.”

“It’s very rare that I come to an event where I’m like the fifth- or sixth-most interesting person.”

“I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions.”

“I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history.” Wow, talk about "leadership" :lol:

“129 million people who could have otherwise been denied or faced discrimination now have access to coverage.” Must have been difficult to achieve when 85% of 300M were already covered.

“The average family premium is $1,800 lower today than it would have been had trends over the decade before the ACA passed continued.”

I'm sure glad we've never had a hyperbolically-inaccurate president before!!

Sapidus

I agree - his hyperbole is a brand-new problem we have never dealt with from presidents ever before!!!

I'm sure glad we've never had a hyperbolically-inaccurate president before!!

God. The lengths you will go to is really preposterous. You can't even admit he lies constantly. Its not once in a while or a little exaggeration. If you are that committed to never admitting anything negative about Trump then you are brainwashed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
God. The lengths you will go to is really preposterous. You can't even admit he lies constantly. Its not once in a while or a little exaggeration. If you are that committed to never admitting anything negative about Trump then you are brainwashed.

And yet when Hillary couldn't even open her mouth without lying, you were silent. So really, spare me your selective outrage. It's ridiculous and makes you look more foolish than usual. You seem to like lies just fine when it's what you want to hear.

Sapidus

And yet when Hillary couldn't even open her mouth without lying, you were silent. So really, spare me your selective outrage. It's ridiculous and makes you look more foolish than usual. You seem to like lies just fine when it's what you want to hear.

If the best you can do is drag up the tired trope of "But Hillary" then that really says a lot about your support and belief in our current president.

Wishbone

If the best you can do is drag up the tired trope of "But Hillary" then that really says a lot about your support and belief in our current president.

The fact that you can't deny it says more about your integrity... Or lack there of.

This_person

Read to understand, not respond. I never said he doesn't lie. Of course he lies. Of course he's hyperbolic. HE says he is.

I merely pointed out it is nothing new.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Are you intentionally ignoring my point or are you too stupid to understand it?

Not to mention for 8 years all we heard from The Won was Bush Bush Bush. Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush. Nothing was ever his fault - Bush Bush Bush. And when it wasn't Bush, it was "the Republicans". And I do not recall you having one single problem with that. Now, all of a sudden, you demand complete and total transparency and honesty, and will accept nothing less, and nobody may EVER mention any other human being, like EVER.

Really, forgive me if I laugh at your sudden attack of moral outrage. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And PS? The "news" sources you cite have been flat proven to lie over and over, and when they're not lying they're spinning and embellishing. And not only do I notice you not taking issue with that, but I see that you persist in using them as a "credible" source. So if anyone around here enjoys being lied to, bubba, it's you.

Wishbone

And PS? The "news" sources you cite have been flat proven to lie over and over, and when they're not lying they're spinning and embellishing. And not only do I notice you not taking issue with that, but I see that you persist in using them as a "credible" source. So if anyone around here enjoys being lied to, bubba, it's you.

He's the kid at the game board that always wants to change the rules when he's losing.

They didn't get their way November 9th, so now they're going to kick the board, lie, cheat, scream and break things until they get their way.

Gonna be a long cycle.

Sapidus

Are you intentionally ignoring my point or are you too stupid to understand it?

Not to mention for 8 years all we heard from The Won was Bush Bush Bush. Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush. Nothing was ever his fault - Bush Bush Bush. And when it wasn't Bush, it was "the Republicans". And I do not recall you having one single problem with that. Now, all of a sudden, you demand complete and total transparency and honesty, and will accept nothing less, and nobody may EVER mention any other human being, like EVER.

Really, forgive me if I laugh at your sudden attack of moral outrage. :lol:

Again you are conflating me with all the liberals who have ever made you angry in your whole life.

I joined this forum less then a year ago so how you can say I only blamed bush and never had a problem with Obama is ludicrous since Ive never even talked about Bush.

Last edited:

Sapidus

The head of the boy scouts has come out condemning Trumps speech and saying he never said what Trump claimed. The president of Mexico said the same thing.

Bot have been reported in many different sources so you can take your pick but it is a fact that Trump lied both times.

Sapidus

He's the kid at the game board that always wants to change the rules when he's losing.

They didn't get their way November 9th, so now they're going to kick the board, lie, cheat, scream and break things until they get their way.

Gonna be a long cycle.

The quotes tell the story. You can choose to believe the president of the Boy scouts when he said he never spoke to Trump afterward or said what Trump claimed. The same is true of the president of Mexico.

But keep closing you ears to anything that makes you think twice about voting for a a lying narcissist.