Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Calvert Deputy guest analyst this weekend on "Live PD"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    One of the reasons Calvert signed on is because the rural pioneers moving here, as they've done for the twenty years, seem to believe the County is crime ridden with daily drive bys occurring.

Christ almighty, we have people in this County who believe that a sign of a drug house is if the residents have flowers instead of a lawn in the front yard. Not to mention the ones who are positive that black Hyundais are the drug car of choice and a kid wearing flip flops is advertising he has Meth for sale.
    I always heard that if you see shoes hanging from a power line, there was a drug house nearby. Never knew if that was true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post
    Mohler seems like a nice guy. I look forward to seeing him in studio this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    He is a good dude.
    He's a Goober!

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    He's a Goober!
    Well, thanks for all the extra info that backs up your assertion that he is a "goober".... You make a great case!

Well, thanks for all the extra info that backs up your assertion that he is a "goober".... You make a great case!
    I wouldn't want to cross rhetorical swords with such an intellectual powerhouse as seven obviously is...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    He's a Goober!
    well golleee
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    Yada yada yada. Then why is it that many sheriff offices still have their deputies wear a professional uniform such as Queen Annes County? Or how about our State Troopers? They wear a proper professional uniform and ostensibly have all, and carry all, those things you mentioned just fine and are able to accomplish their mission. This is not bashing LEO's. This is about the systematic growth of the tactical goonery and rights trampling that comes directly from the leadership. It's about how "law enforcement" have become politically positioned in a way that basically immunizes them from criticism and oversight.
    I'll have to mark the day in my calendar that we agreed on something. Out of the 5 law enforcement agencies that police SoMD, 4 look like cops, the fifth looks like an occupying army. And based on how they present themselves on LivePD, the goonery doesn't stop with the clownish outfits. Ironically, it is also the agency that patrols the only county without anything that could pass for an urban area.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Yada yada yada. Then why is it that many sheriff offices still have their deputies wear a professional uniform such as Queen Annes County? Or how about our State Troopers? They wear a proper professional uniform and ostensibly have all, and carry all, those things you mentioned just fine and are able to accomplish their mission. This is not bashing LEO's. This is about the systematic growth of the tactical goonery and rights trampling that comes directly from the leadership. It's about how "law enforcement" have become politically positioned in a way that basically immunizes them from criticism and oversight. And that's it's just alright for rights to be trampled on to get the "bad Guy" at whatever the cost to freedom and to excuse away the behavior of deputies and sheriffs. Awww, well, geez and shucks, because they "need" our support. BS! They control the narrative with their propaganda, with a complicit media, and have managed to frame a relentlessly one-sided debate. With Sheriff Evans, there has been increased militarization, marginal accountability, and non-transparency. Evans and his office, and others, have been immune from criticism and oversight from our elected officials for far too long. The baseless and blind genuflection of the thugs in uniform and their leaders, elected or otherwise, must end.
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    I'll have to mark the day in my calendar that we agreed on something. Out of the 5 law enforcement agencies that police SoMD, 4 look like cops, the fifth looks like an occupying army. And based on how they present themselves on LivePD, the goonery doesn't stop with the clownish outfits. Ironically, it is also the agency that patrols the only county without anything that could pass for an urban area.
    to you both. Charlottesville was a perfect example of what y'all are talking about. God bless America.

Add: I voted for Kontra in the last election for Sheriff, and I am a Repub, but y'all know that. Who knows if he would have been better than Evans, but Evans sucks; so anything would be better. JMO.
    Last edited by littlelady; 09-10-2017 at 12:29 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

You'd go to jail for this gemma_rae's Avatar
    #Vonzell Ward 2018
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    well golleee
    Let's see. Plays Hotshot on Live PD on a "big" drug sting in a gas station parking lot. Sees a woman handoff something to a guy in a truck. Goober runs for his squad car tracks the girl down and pulls her over. Then questions her what she was doing and where were the drugs followed by threatening to call the dogs out. Welp. Guess what? She was handing off an alarm clock to her boyfriend. Boyfriend pulls up and shows whats in the bag. Sure enough. A damn alarm clock! Golleee! That's a Goober!
    Last edited by seven; 09-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.

You'd go to jail for this gemma_rae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    Let's see. Plays Hotshot on Live PD on a "big" drug sting in a gas station parking lot. Sees a woman handoff something to a guy in a truck. Goober runs for his squad car tracks the girl down and pulls her over. Then questions her what she was doing and where were the drugs followed by threatening to call the dogs out. Welp. Guess what? She was handing off an alarm clock to her boyfriend. Boyfriend pulls up and shows whats in the bag. Sure enough. A damn alarm clock! Golleee! That's a Goober!
    Don't forget parking on the highway and getting run over!
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Members who have read this thread: 95