Maryland State Flag Under Fire Over 'Confederate Ties'

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
The politically Correct snowball picks up speed as it grows larger and larger:

During a social media campaign to derail HBO’s planned modern-day Southern slavery drama, one Twitter user’s posts about the history of the Maryland flag got a lot of attention.

“What a lot of people don’t know is that the Maryland flag is half confederate,” @benjancewicz wrote, using the hashtag #NoConfederate.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/08/02/maryland-flag-confederate-history/

Attachments

• MD Flag.jpg
    MD Flag.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 376

PsyOps

Pixelated
Can we just get right to the crux of the matter........... White people are the reason for the Confederacy. Every white person stands as a reminder of that racist past. Remove white people.

Hijinx

Can we just get right to the crux of the matter........... White people are the reason for the Confederacy. Every white person stands as a reminder of that racist past. Remove white people.

This has been coming for a while. It is nothing new. Some poor looney finds out that the flag has ties to the Confederacy and brings it up.
So far it hasn't mattered, and I doubt it does now.
Surprised the State song is still the same as it is.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sure...designed as a symbol of reconciliation between the two opposing sides of Maryland's population, let's get rid of that chit because nobody wants to be united any more. Let division rule the day!

PsyOps

Pixelated
This has been coming for a while. It is nothing new. Some poor looney finds out that the flag has ties to the Confederacy and brings it up.
So far it hasn't mattered, and I doubt it does now.
Surprised the State song is still the same as it is.

Screw the flag. At the root of all of this is white people. White people made the flags, statues, memorials, songs, what-have-you... White people are the reminder of racism in this country. Stop with all this round-about way of getting to that point and just get to it.

Hijinx

Screw the flag. At the root of all of this is white people. White people made the flags, statues, memorials, songs, what-have-you... White people are the reminder of racism in this country. Stop with all this round-about way of getting to that point and just get to it.

If I said that I would be called racist. but in fact that is the problem.
We live in the greatest country in the world and blacks have done better and live better here than anywhere else in the world and all they can do is piss and moan.

Last edited:

hotbikermama40

If I said that I would be called racist. but in fact that is the problem.
We live in the greatest country in the world and blacks have done better and live better here than anywhere else in the world and all they can do is piss and moan.

IMO the buck should have stopped at equality. Affirmative action should have had a shelf life, BET should NEVER have been allowed (based on the same standards that would have been held to any notion of a CET (Caucasian Ent. Tel.), and more importantly, attention, focus and energy should have been EQUALLY spent on predominantly Black neighborhoods and schools as any other neighborhood in the country.
Instead, it's come to rewriting the past to...what?...undo things that can't be undone, anyway? In that I agree with PsyOps 100%, why not just declare intentions to eradicate all Caucasian ppl now and be done with it?

BOP

Well, if they send us all somewhere else, we'll just make it way better....until the liberals and the moochers (but I repeat myself) come flocking into "share" in whatever bounty we've created.