Trump getting ready for 17 day vacation

Sapidus

Afer all the hard work of the last 6 months where he has spent 24% of his time at his golf courses Trump needs a well deserved break from all the winning.

After craftily showing leadership and the will to get his hands dirty by delivering a wonderful new healthcare plan and having Mexico agree to pay for the wall Trump is going to bask in his glory for a while:sarcasm:

"Trump himself has previously disdained even the idea of taking vacations as president.

Speaking with CBS' 60 Minutes just days after his election, Trump said, "there's just so much to be done ... So I don't think we'll be very big on vacations, no."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mp-going-vacation-his-critics-hate/533420001/

Sapidus

"Don't take vacations. What's the point? If you're not enjoying your work, you're in the wrong job." -- Think Like A Billionaire - 11:28 am - 19 Nov 2012 Donald Trump

Grumpy

Certainly wish you would take a 17 day, or even longer, vacation from here. Everyone here would be very thankful for not having to rebut/correct your every post. :yay: Make the forums great again, Sappy!

PsyOps

Pixelated
i actually agree with Sap's OP. Trump did talk about not taking vacations until the work is done. There are issues waiting to be dealt with, and all of them are going to take nearly month-long vacations, for doing what?

Maybe I ought to take the same attitude towards these misfits as I did with Obama and democrats - as long as they are on vacation, they can't screw our lives up. This just adds to my fedup-edness.

This_person

Afer all the hard work of the last 6 months where he has spent 24% of his time at his golf courses Trump needs a well deserved break from all the winning.

After craftily showing leadership and the will to get his hands dirty by delivering a wonderful new healthcare plan and having Mexico agree to pay for the wall Trump is going to bask in his glory for a while:sarcasm:

"Trump himself has previously disdained even the idea of taking vacations as president.

Speaking with CBS' 60 Minutes just days after his election, Trump said, "there's just so much to be done ... So I don't think we'll be very big on vacations, no."

Finally :cheers:

You've found something of substance and value to be upset about with Trump!! Good job!!!

Do I really need the :sarcasm: thing?

This_person

i actually agree with Sap's OP. Trump did talk about not taking vacations until the work is done. There are issues waiting to be dealt with, and all of them are going to take nearly month-long vacations, for doing what?

Maybe I ought to take the same attitude towards these misfits as I did with Obama and democrats - as long as they are on vacation, they can't screw our lives up. This just adds to my fedup-edness.

"I'm not gonna rest until....." every politician lies when they say this. Trump is no different.

the job is clearly harder than he thought. As was said repeatedly about Obama - "he's never really on vacation".

PsyOps

Pixelated
"I'm not gonna rest until....." every politician lies when they say this. Trump is no different.

the job is clearly harder than he thought. As was said repeatedly about Obama - "he's never really on vacation".

Well then, shall we forgive him for not keeping his word on this because, after all, they all do it. Gee, I thought Trump was elected to change all of that crap. Guess not.

This_person

Well then, shall we forgive him for not keeping his word on this because, after all, they all do it. Gee, I thought Trump was elected to change all of that crap. Guess not.

It's certainly reasonable, in my opinion, to be upset with him for it. He promised to change that culture, and isn't. I've said that repeatedly.

But, let's put it in perspective.

Sapidus

Yet another excuse.

So the job is harder than he though, he has accomplished less than others have accomplished in 6 months and he has already spent 24% of his time at his golf courses.

Any other excuses for him having done less and already taken off more time and now going on vacation?

Restitution

I was beginning to wonder who was going to take up the NHboy mantle......

Just need to cut-n-paste the ENTIRE article text in there and you will have taken it over bigly :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Nah..I'm with you there. Trump never should have made all the noise he did about eschewing golfing and vacations and then just go on and do plenty of both.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
he has accomplished less than others have accomplished in 6 months

Proven to be a lie many times over. Still sort of "hanging around" as a far left narrative bit for people like you to trot out, but thoroughly debunked even by unfriendly media.

This_person

Yet another excuse.

So the job is harder than he though, he has accomplished less than others have accomplished in 6 months and he has already spent 24% of his time at his golf courses.

Any other excuses for him having done less and already taken off more time and now going on vacation?

24% of his time implies he is golfing, on average, almost 6 hours a day. This is simply not true.

If you mean he's golfed 24% of the days in office, it's still off by several. He's reported to have golfed 43 times so far and been in office since Jan 20, so that's 21% of the days. That being said, a lot of the times he's reported to have golfed were assumptions.

It's no excuse to say the job is harder than he thought - it's a way of saying the conditions are different from the promises.

I fully agree he's out too much, with or without the promise. Add in the promise, and it is disturbing. Not as disturbing as, say, siding with criminals over police as Obama did nearly his entire presidency, but still rather disturbing.

It's also not nearly as disturbing as the bill he signed into law repealing a poor (but potentially well-intentioned) EO signed by Obama. Obama set it up so that background checks on guns could include information from the SS office that people with mental disabilities could not buy guns. That's a pretty ####ty measure on the face, because of multiple things - it didn't limit what kind of mental
disabilities would be reported, it did not include the ability to have outside adjudication, and it released personal information outside of HPPA laws. That said, most reasonable people can agree that the second amendment does allow reasonable limits, and being mentally unsound would be a reasonable limit. We know many mass-shootings have been accomplished by people with mental issues. Trump didn't fix it, he ended a ####ty, poorly thought out, illegal attempt to fix it.

I would suggest seeking things like that to start threads about. There will be those who say, "what part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand???", and others who will say, "It didn't go far enough!!!" Still, it has substance, meat, and means something.

The president said he wouldn't go on vacation a lot, and yet he is. That's a lie. Surely, we expected better of him and this is deeply disappointing. But, let's put it in perspective.

Restitution

But, let's put it in perspective.

Inconceivable.png

Clem72

The president said he wouldn't go on vacation a lot, and yet he is. That's a lie. Surely, we expected better of him and this is deeply disappointing. But, let's put it in perspective.

But if Kushner, Ivanka, and Bannon are still on the Job then we're covered. Right?

Sapidus

24% of his time implies he is golfing, on average, almost 6 hours a day. This is simply not true.

If you mean he's golfed 24% of the days in office, it's still off by several. He's reported to have golfed 43 times so far and been in office since Jan 20, so that's 21% of the days. That being said, a lot of the times he's reported to have golfed were assumptions.

It's no excuse to say the job is harder than he thought - it's a way of saying the conditions are different from the promises.

I fully agree he's out too much, with or without the promise. Add in the promise, and it is disturbing. Not as disturbing as, say, siding with criminals over police as Obama did nearly his entire presidency, but still rather disturbing.

It's also not nearly as disturbing as the bill he signed into law repealing a poor (but potentially well-intentioned) EO signed by Obama. Obama set it up so that background checks on guns could include information from the SS office that people with mental disabilities could not buy guns. That's a pretty ####ty measure on the face, because of multiple things - it didn't limit what kind of mental
disabilities would be reported, it did not include the ability to have outside adjudication, and it released personal information outside of HPPA laws. That said, most reasonable people can agree that the second amendment does allow reasonable limits, and being mentally unsound would be a reasonable limit. We know many mass-shootings have been accomplished by people with mental issues. Trump didn't fix it, he ended a ####ty, poorly thought out, illegal attempt to fix it.

I would suggest seeking things like that to start threads about. There will be those who say, "what part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand???", and others who will say, "It didn't go far enough!!!" Still, it has substance, meat, and means something.

We are putting in perspective. Our President is lying to us. repeatedly. Stop bringing up Obama and Clinton to excuse his behavior. They are not the president at the moment and one of them never was the president.

21% of the time is still a hell of a lot in 6 months after complaining about Obama doing it and then going on vacation which he also promised he wouldn't do.

It is fair for people to be upset by this without having to quantify it as compared to someone else's prior behavior. That is not how it works. You can give money to one homeless person without giving to every homeless person you see.

And if that is how it works for you that is fine but stop trying to tell people what they should post and what should concern them. You post things that you believe are relevant. if others agree they will discuss them.

Stop trying to come up with excuses for inexcusable behavior.