Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red-Light/Green-Light

Man, I'm still here !!!
    the lights are still not fixed. Today i hit lots, coming from 2/4 - Target, Kmart, Walmart, Dicks.... Now maybe timing wise they would be ok IF YOU DROVE 45, i can't drive 45 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADPEBS1 View Post
    the lights are still not fixed. Today i hit lots, coming from 2/4 - Target, Kmart, Walmart, Dicks.... Now maybe timing wise they would be ok IF YOU DROVE 45, i can't drive 45 !!!!!

Did someone say that they were getting fixed in such a way as to provide a stream of greens for folks going a certain speed? As far as I know, that "river of green lights" is not a thing that they strive for. At any speed. Although I have been told by a few people that a hair over 60 seems to match the pattern well. :)
    "I aim to misbehave."

Man, I'm still here !!!
    What does evaluate traffic flow effectiveness mean then ? To move the mass of traffic that flows down 235 towards base and north to DC in a quick timely manner... Grumpy saw an imporvement of ~10 minutes, i didn't see that today, was the nominal flow as always.

Is it possible that you went through before the 5:45 start time?

6:50am Hollywood Rd
    7:00am Gate 1

Normally longer than 10 minutes, no matter what day of the week.

Man, I'm still here !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Is it possible that you went through before the 5:45 start time?
    Well there is that ;-) Yes 0520ish, Guess i'll deal then, early in early out.

Not working well this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I tried to go to Lowes last week after work and it took me 45 minutes to get there, the right lanes were backed up to Walmart, I assumed it was bridge BS.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I tried to go to Lowes last week after work and it took me 45 minutes to get there, the right lanes were backed up to Walmart, I assumed it was bridge BS.
    Bridge was hosed on Friday afternoon. We made a run up to North Beach and on the way back about 530 it was backed up to Food Lion solomons. We went on the island for dinner. Left a bit after 630 and it was still hosed up. No sigh of an accident. Maybe the light at Myrtle Point messed it all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Did someone say that they were getting fixed in such a way as to provide a stream of greens for folks going a certain speed? As far as I know, that "river of green lights" is not a thing that they strive for. At any speed. Although I have been told by a few people that a hair over 60 seems to match the pattern well. :)
    good luck with that, all it takes is one person in the center lane doing under the speed limit or a couple of large trucks and everything gets whacked out
    I don't think you could do 60 north of Rt 4. I have been behind people who don't seem to realize the speed limit is actually 55.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 123