Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visited Smith Island

Visited Smith Island

It's a pretty unique place. I want to go again and take the wife daughter but the channel from Point Lookout is temp closed. The 7/8 layer cake was awesome, best I've had in a long time. The resturant there was pretty good. The only thing is we could not venture off too far. Smith Island Road goes to a bridge and we couldn't take the golf cart past that point. Also we only had a few hours to explore, so if you did the restaurant first you won't have much time.

Blog Entries
    The Smith Island cruise is a nice day. Not a lot happening in that neck of the woods, but the one restaurant is really good and it's fun to wander around the town.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    The 7/8 layer cake was awesome, best I've had in a long time.
    My kids had one shipped to me for my birthday this year. Yep..awesome.

It's a short cruise for us in our boat..but always one of those, "yeah..next time..lets hit the lower Rappahannock (Deltaville, Urbanna etc) instead because there are so many more places to go" things comes in to play. Or Kinsale, when that was still open and rolling.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 08-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Effin boring place to me. The best part was a very rough ride home, I spent it wedged on deck to avoid the puke fumes in the cabin. Got slapped pretty good 5 or 6 times by waves. I had no idea such shallow water could get riled up that way.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Effin boring place to me. The best part was a very rough ride home, I spent it wedged on deck to avoid the puke fumes in the cabin. Got slapped pretty good 5 or 6 times by waves. I had no idea such shallow water could get riled up that way.
    Lots of very deep water between here and there.....
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Huh. I was up on the bow sprint Titanic style.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Could you post more info on cost to go there? How did you book? etc...
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmaryland View Post
    Could you post more info on cost to go there? How did you book? etc...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=smit...utf-8&oe=utf-8

And BTW I wasn't trying to be a jerk or passive-aggressive or telling you to go google it yourself, there were a few good links and it was just was easier to post the Google hit than a bunch of individual links.
    Last edited by GWguy; 08-04-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

I thought max was about 40' along that area. Near the target ship etc.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=smit...utf-8&oe=utf-8

And BTW I wasn't trying to be a jerk or passive-aggressive or telling you to go google it yourself, there were a few good links and it was just was easier to post the Google hit than a bunch of individual links.
    I think he was trying to hear from the OP.

Members who have read this thread: 118