Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller enpannels grand jury

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Normally there is evidence of a crime, which triggers an investigation. In this case, there is an investigation to see if they can find a crime.

Is it just me who thinks this is bull####?
    Nope. That's exactly what I thought. I even texted my wife that exact same thing earlier this morning when I heard about this.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    BTW, a lot if investigations start with suspicion.
    And it shouldn't be that way. If there is 'suspicion' there should be an inquiry. If they have no evidence, there should be no special prosecutor or grand jury. Grand Juries are stood up on the basis of evidence of a crime.

I've used this example before... I heard no shots or saw no bodies; but I heard my neighbor yelling at his kids. So, I suspect he killed them. I call the cops. They will come in and do their investigation. If they find no evidence... it's over. If they find evidence (blood, dead bodies, etc...) they will hand it over to the prosecutor's office for an investigation. An investigation based on evidence; not suspicion. This whole thing is cart-before-the-horse. But, I guess it's typical of our government to do things their own way and not 'law way'.
    Last edited by PsyOps; 08-04-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Normally there is evidence of a crime, which triggers an investigation. In this case, there is an investigation to see if they can find a crime.

Is it just me who thinks this is bull####?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    And it shouldn't be that way.
    Yep.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Blog Entries
    exactly, any subpoenas issued regarding DJs meeting with the Russians is with in the scope of Muellers appointment.
    He didn't meet with "the Russians" - he met with *a* Russian.

You people and your "the Russians". "The Russians", to normal people, means the Russian government. This particular Russian was not a government official, nor connected with the Russian government in any way. The progpress is trying to say she's a Russian official, but there is not only no evidence of that, there is fact based evidence that she's not. As in, they totally made that up.

Whenever I hear some progbot make a reference to "the Russians" I immediately tune them out because they're idiots.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

The progpress is trying to say she's a Russian official, but there is not only no evidence of that, there is fact based evidence that she's not.

an unregistered lobbyist left in the country by the previous administration
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

At this point, might as well have Putin come over and be our president. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I want my 20% of Uranium back. Does anyone have Hillary's number? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    at this point, might as well have putin come over and be our president. This whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I want my 20% of uranium back. Does anyone have hillary's number? Tia.
    1-800-gotcha

1-800-gotcha

Given we have no details, have you considered it could be they found something on Hillary or Obama, et al...........?
    its possible, not likely, but possible
    He didn't meet with "the Russians" - he met with *a* Russian.

You people and your "the Russians". "The Russians", to normal people, means the Russian government. This particular Russian was not a government official, nor connected with the Russian government in any way. The progpress is trying to say she's a Russian official, but there is not only no evidence of that, there is fact based evidence that she's not. As in, they totally made that up.

Whenever I hear some progbot make a reference to "the Russians" I immediately tune them out because they're idiots.
    You might want to check with your 'sources'. there were more than one Russian in the room and the lawyer had deep ties to the government having been a prosecutor, and the other was a former intelligence officer. From what I have read there were up to 8 people in the room. This wasn't DJ meeting with one lady.

Born in Russia, Akhmetshin served in the Soviet military and emigrated to the U.S., where he holds dual citizenship. He did not respond to NBC News requests for comment Friday, but he told the AP the meeting was not substantive. “I never thought this would be such a big deal, to be honest,” he told the AP.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...p-team-n782851

like I said before, you do a lot of
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

its possible, not likely, but possible

You might want to check with your 'sources'. there were more than one Russian in the room and the lawyer had deep ties to the government having been a prosecutor, and the other was a former intelligence officer. From what I have read there were up to 8 people in the room. This wasn't DJ meeting with one lady.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...p-team-n782851

like I said before, you do a lot of
    Born in Russia, Akhmetshin served in the Soviet military and emigrated to the U.S., where he holds dual citizenship. He did not respond to NBC News requests for comment Friday, but he told the AP the meeting was not substantive. “I never thought this would be such a big deal, to be honest,” he told the AP.
    If he holds dual citizenship he is an American.

Members who have read this thread: 59