Trump Tower evicts Secret Service

awpitt

Main Streeter
Really, people? What excuses are the Trumpsters gonna come up with now. It’s bad enough that Trump is making money off the tax payers by having the govt pay for his stays at his own resorts but now the Trump organization has kicked the US Secret Service out over lease payments. This is B.S.! So, I guess FOX News will now be thrown under the bus and will be called "fake news".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/04/trump-tower-evicts-secret-service-over-rental-dispute.html

hotbikermama40

Really, people? What excuses are the Trumpsters gonna come up with now. It’s bad enough that Trump is making money off the tax payers by having the govt pay for his stays at his own resorts but now the Trump organization has kicked the US Secret Service out over lease payments. This is B.S.! So, I guess FOX News will now be thrown under the bus and will be called "fake news".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/04/trump-tower-evicts-secret-service-over-rental-dispute.html

directly from your link:

Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Milhoan added, “Throughout this process, there has been no impact to the security plan developed by the Secret Service.”

and:

The Secret Service will have a presence inside the building if Trump or his family members visit, as their personal security details would remain in close proximity.

It seems as if you're just reading the title of an article and using it to build a(nother) strawman. This strawman is gone with barely a sneeze in its general direction.

Hijinx

Complaining about the rent for the SS is kind of crazy when we realize that the SS is making payments on Hillary's Westchester property by renting her garage, Hillary doesn't stay at Westchester either, and the SS duties there are walking the dog that the Clinton's got so they could look like an animal loving family.
Neither of these a-wipes has been seen with Seamus since they left the WH.

Since President Trump has not been at Trump Tower during his presidency and, and since trump Tower has it's own security, why are they there anyway.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Since President Trump has not been at Trump Tower during his presidency and, and since trump Tower has it's own security, why are they there anyway.

Because they are treating it as they have treated the residences of all previous presidents when it comes to providing security.

Looks like a good money-saving move to me.

Hijinx

Evicted is probably the wrong word, but it makes the article sound better and get attention.

I cn hardly imagine the US Marshall's office sitting the Secret Service's shet out on the sidewalk.

Wishbone

Evicted is probably the wrong word, but it makes the article sound better and get attention.

I cn hardly imagine the US Marshall's office sitting the Secret Service's shet out on the sidewalk.

w' folks digging through the boxes at the curb... "Hey look, I found an UZI!" :getdown:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Complaining about the rent for the SS is kind of crazy when we realize that the SS is making payments on Hillary's Westchester property by renting her garage, Hillary doesn't stay at Westchester either, and the SS duties there are walking the dog that the Clinton's got so they could look like an animal loving family.
Neither of these a-wipes has been seen with Seamus since they left the WH.

Link to support your claims here???????????

PsyOps

Pixelated

What I get out of this is the Trump Org and the SS couldn't agree on the rental contract. I'm not sure why that is a big deal. The government is replete with contract disputes. My contract went through this during its reaward. Is there some sort of suggestion that Trump Org stop doing ordinary business?

On a related note... President Trump has broken ties with running his businesses; so he is out of the decision-making in these cases. I fail to see where this is even news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well, #1 would be that Trump is no longer involved with Trump Organization and almost certainly didn't make this decision or have any part of it. So why would "Trumpsters" come up with anything?

You all bitched when SS set up in Trump Tower - "he's not even there; it's so expensive; it's disruptive to the residents and businesses; blahblahblah" - and now you want to bitch when they get relocated? Really? They did what you all wanted, as far as I can tell, and now you want to bitch about it?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What I get out of this is the Trump Org and the SS couldn't agree on the rental contract. I'm not sure why that is a big deal. The government is replete with contract disputes. My contract went through this during its reaward. Is there some sort of suggestion that Trump Org stop doing ordinary business?

On a related note... President Trump has broken ties with running his businesses; so he is out of the decision-making in these cases. I fail to see where this is even news.

Exactly. And if the trailer suffices, let 'em stay in the trailer.