Police Seeking Leads in Green Turtle La Plata Robbery

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
CCSO DETECTIVES STILL SEEKING LEADS IN ROBBERY CASE / CRIME SOLVERS OFFERING CASH REWARD

Charles County Crime Solvers is offering a cash reward for information leading to the identities and arrests of three suspects involved in a robbery. On March 2 at 2:12 a.m., three males wearing masks and dark clothing entered an unlocked door of the Green Turtle on St. Mary’s Avenue in La Plata and approached an employee. One of the suspects was armed with a knife and ordered the employee to give them cash. After obtaining money, the suspects fled. No one was injured.

Officers canvassed the area, and detectives are pursuing leads. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Wimberly at (301) 609-6491. Tipsters wishing to remain anonymous may contact Charles County Crime Solvers by calling 1-866-411-TIPS, texting CHARLES + the tip to CRIMES (274637) or submitting tips online at http://tipsubmit.com.

Charles County Crime Solvers offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest or indictment of a person responsible for a crime in Charles County. Anyone with information about an unsolved crime or the location of a fugitive may contact Charles County Crime Solvers by calling 1-866-411-TIPS, texting CHARLES + the tip to CRIMES (274637) or submitting tips online at http://tipsubmit.com. All individuals who provide tips through Crime Solvers will remain anonymous. Learn more at the CCSO's website.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 785

Clem72

Fine detective work here. They say the males are wearing masks, but the pictures don't show this. They say one had a knife, but then show a picture of one holding a gun (gun trumps knife, right?). At least they got the number of assailants correct.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If it was an inside job couldn't he have just told them up in the corner opposite the door ahead of time?

Maybe he thought he was off camera? Went way too smooth once they entered the office. Aren't robbers that are prepared and all dressed up in winter jackets and gloves with wide brimmed baseball caps in the middle of summer to rob at 2 in the morning all nervous and trigger happy aggressive individuals not knowing what to expect especially with two gun toters and a knife wielding one? I don't know ..... seems real fishy to me.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Maybe he thought he was off camera? Went way too smooth once they entered the office. Aren't robbers that are prepared and all dressed up in winter jackets and gloves with wide brimmed baseball caps in the middle of summer to rob at 2 in the morning all nervous and trigger happy aggressive individuals not knowing what to expect especially with two gun toters and a knife wielding one? I don't know ..... seems real fishy to me.

Read the article, it was March 2nd.

officeguy

If I may ...

Yup, inside job. Watch the "employee" point out the location of the camera at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h0iX8X-ecw
[video=youtube;9h0iX8X-ecw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h0iX8X-ecw[/video]

Perp seems to be new at the whole pistol thing. Almost shot himself in the head while trying to pick up the money falling form his jacket pockets. Another still shows him trying to punch a hole in his left hand.

And yes, inside job.

DannyMotorcycle

The safe is already opened.. Possibly normal for closing time, or naive managers...
an employee constantly see's the safe is open and thinks how easy it would be.. tells his grimey friends to do it, and they do.
Review the video of who unlocked the door and boom the conspiracy crumbles. You would think they would be smart enough to
wear actual masks though.. on the other hand, robbing is usually a pretty stupid thing to do though, so i guess not.

march 2nd is a thur night.. a game night maybe? any cop security on weekend nights? all the employees gone at 2:12 am? (except manager)

Police are just now releasing this? i guess their investigation didn't go anywhere

Last edited: